1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My White Fang running report

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kvk, Sep 11, 2010.

1. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes I work in Manayta :) We can catch up for quick lunch meets at the food court

also I know there is another white linea which i have seen couple of times entering the CTS building in Manyata
  2. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    I think its more to do with the road conditions and the wind at those speeds..
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Unfortunately, I have moved to EGL recently. I recognized your car because of those 2 stickers on your Linea's gate.
    If I come to Manyata anytime, We can meet.
  4. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    My White Fang running report : Bangalore to Bellary Trip

Date : 15th Dec 09
    Time : 8:40 AM(Yes it was 8:40AM when I left my house)
    Distance to go : 320 KMS
    Average

Dec 15th
    It was a long time since I went on long drives. I never planned anything for long trips when I had my indica. Just fill diesel and leave. After the purchase of the linea, my long trips have not worked out well. Everytime I plan, something or the other would crop up and the plan would get postponed. Well this time it looks like everything will go as planned.

My earlier plan was to leave at 5:30 in the morning and as usual there was delay since I had drop my kids at school by 8 and the journey actually started at 8:40 from home.

The used the NICE route on the magadi road to connect to the tumkur road. The tumkur to nelamangala was bad with full of traffic and lot of road work happening. Filled up the tank near nelamangala and started the journey to bellary.

The roads are fantastic from nelamangala to bellary. The speeds maintained were around 3 digit figures(100+) and this is the road where I crossed 140 on the linea.

Reached home at bellary around 2:30 PM. Lunch was ready and had a full feast.

Dec 16th
    Had lot of relatives to visit. In the afternoon, there was not much to do. Hmmm.. I have an aunt who stays somewhere near kampli.. some 45 kms from bellary.

Boy.. do I want to do this trip again on a car.. No way.. There were no roads after taking diversion from the hospet road. The recent rains in bellary proved to be very fatal and there was a bridge broken down. The authorities had rebuilt the bridge(temporarily) and the route was best suited for tractors and lorries and buses.

This is the only time I wished I had a high GC vehicle.( not necessarily a safari. a jeep would have been very ideal) especially for this route.

The return route from kampli to bellary was taken on a different route. This was the road which joins the SH siruguppa. The roads are being built on this route too, but way better than the other route I took to reach kampli.

Date : 17th Dec 09
    Time : 9:40 AM
    Distance to go : 320 KMS
    Average :

Dec 17th around 9:40 AM
    My return journey from bellary to blore. There are lot of memories during this trip. I wanted to test the mileage on a very sedative drive(but tempatation kills everything especially with a car like this). All the way I was allowing each and every car to overtake me and sometimes I felt what the heck, there is no one on the road in front of me and there is no one who is chasing me, is this the chance.. yes.. i push the throtle slowly and reach speed of 120+ and then what I see.. I am close to hitting 160.. aiyo the road is taking a curve... i slow down and enter the curve in speeds around 120+. Well there is some satisfaction now.. man I can do 160 aramse on this car and next thing in my mind is.. do I want to do it everytime.. may be not.. but occasionally yes... All said and done.. now I am back crusing happily around 90+. My return journey is longer than my journey to bellary. I stop by near Sira to take some lovely pics. All is see is clouds clouds clouds and nothing else.. I halt at the Sira kamat to munch something. I have a nice masala dosa and sambhar vada and nice chai. Boy.. I am ready again for the drive.

The speed breakers to watch out is on the tumkur bye pass road.. A very dangerous one .. I see all the cars scraping .. man is there no standard for the speed breakers. These contractors should be sued for putting up speedbreakers which are non standards.

All is well that ends well. Reach home around 4 and drink a good home made chai..
    Pics in my next post
  5. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    My White Fang running report : Blore to bellary contd..

Blore to bellary trip contd.. with pics

[attachment=11:21qyg7i7]DSC06121 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=12:21qyg7i7]DSC06118 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=10:21qyg7i7]DSC06124 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=9:21qyg7i7]DSC06130 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=8:21qyg7i7]DSC06138 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=7:21qyg7i7]DSC06156 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=6:21qyg7i7]DSC06159 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=5:21qyg7i7]DSC06162 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=4:21qyg7i7]DSC06164 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=3:21qyg7i7]DSC06174 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=2:21qyg7i7]DSC06175 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=1:21qyg7i7]DSC06179 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]
    [attachment=0:21qyg7i7]DSC06203 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:21qyg7i7]

DSC06118 (Medium).JPG

DSC06121 (Medium).JPG

DSC06124 (Medium).JPG

DSC06130 (Medium).JPG

DSC06138 (Medium).JPG

DSC06156 (Medium).JPG

DSC06159 (Medium).JPG

DSC06162 (Medium).JPG

DSC06164 (Medium).JPG

DSC06174 (Medium).JPG

DSC06175 (Medium).JPG

DSC06179 (Medium).JPG

DSC06203 (Medium).JPG
  6. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Been a long time since I worked out of EGL. Will message you when I am around EGL or feel free to msg me when you in Manyata
  7. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Recently my car completed 20000 kms on the odo..

Issues with the car right now..

1. AC effect has gone down
    2. some rattling noise near the front seat belts
    3. wheel alignment seems out

Better than before
    1. average mileage has gone up from 12.5 to 14

some pics now[attachment=0:1vx5czrb]2010-10-27 21.20.23 (Small).jpg[/attachment:1vx5czrb]

2010-10-27 21.20.23 (Small).jpg
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    I have managed to install the ecodrive on my Linea MJD and here is the screenshot[attachment=0:2dsnaars]ecodrive1.JPG[/attachment:2dsnaars]

Though it doesnot make any sense to me as of now. Will drive for couple of days and then will upload few more results

ecodrive1.JPG
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Probably thats the lowest score till now shared on TFI :D

But interesting to see you travel log and detailed reports :)