1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Tuscan Wine Fiat Linea E-Pack

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by drshiraz, Apr 21, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Have a read of this thread.

And do start your own ownership thread and post up plenty of pics.

Avoid the teflon coating.

Gurjinder.
  2. siva80

siva80

Chennai
    Gurjinder,

The provided thread is a lot informative. Thank you so much.

I will defenitely start my ownership thread loaded with pictures of the beauty, once i take delivery of my vehicle.

As adviced i am going to avoid Teflon coating for now.

But if you could throw some light on why Teflon coating should be avoided, it will also be helpful for lot of people visiting this thread at a later stage.

Siva
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    My thinking in this aspect is somewhat orthodox.

If the car's paint quality is inherently of a good quality, then with normal care it will stay so.

If the paint quality is inferior, then no amount of so called treatments can help you.

The best bet is to adopt good practices of caring for your factory paint.

Gurjinder.
  4. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    Can i know the reason,why teflon coat should be avoided?
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    @Ram

Preserving factory paint is the way to go. There is absolutely no need for any treatment if the paint quality on your car is fundamentally sound like i said earlier.

I'm into preserving the factory paint with good practices rather than getting artificial treatments done to protect the paint.

It is generally believed that Royal Enfield does some of the worst paintjobs. I would like you to see this pic of my 2002 Electra and comment on the paint quality.

Gurjinder.
  6. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    I agree with you Gurjinder.But a Teflon coat forms a thin filament like coat on the original paint and preserves better the factory finish.
    OT: Your Enfield paintjob looks stellar.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ^^ There is an informative thread about Teflon coating in TFI. Search for it. Basically these claimed coatings are smart marketing gimmicks to drain your pocket.
  8. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    Roy..I have my Teflon guy who comes home and does Teflon coat on your cars and Bikes @ 1200 rs/car & @ 400 rs/Motorcycle.He uses 3M stuff right infront of you and it easily lasts for an year.Same stuff costs 4-5k in showrooms.I need to give him is a plug point for 2 hrs for each automobile besides the money.
    I have been using him for last 3 years to get my Fleet Tefloned regularly.
    Hence it is a gimmick to fleece you by showroom guys.
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Ram, Teflon is brand name of the protective coating developed by DuPont. With 3M having nothing to do with it.

In my honest and humble opinion, the 'teflon coating' being done in India is nothing but a sort of Permanent Wax being applied on your vehicle which lasts for about an year or less.
    After this period, you gotta do the 'teflon coating' again.

Permanent waxes is what i stay away from.

Gurjinder.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hillram, I got my bike tefloned for Rs.250/- but that was a couple of years back. But you are right, the 4-5K charges for this is just atrocious.
    Gurjinder, the wax they applied lasted barely 4-5 months in my observation.
    And every time they apply that polisher, a micrometer thin layer of paint is being burnt off.