1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My TJet Plus - Tuscan Wine

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by HarishSegar, Nov 6, 2010.

1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Oh Man.. This looks little scary.. I had an Linea MJD (stands Sold now) and have experienced and have struggled with these types of issues esp the rattling ones. Now I am planning for a T-jet and your post scares me... and makes me think twice..

Why cant FIAT take these types of things seriously.. I mean rattling in a 10+Lak car..that too a new one.. Simply unacceptable.. :mad:

My heart and soul is towards the T-Jet but my mind always reminds me of these types of issues I faced while I had my Linea MJD. However wish you to get these rectified soon. i believe Rattling in Doors = Sunfilm installation.. Mine was also perfect until they opened the doors for Sunfilm and Speakers...

Sathya
  2. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    That is why we call FIAT- Fix it again Tony!!

@Sathya, when are you planning to buy T jet and if not T jet then which car?
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Sir.. "That is why we call FIAT- Fix it again Tony!!"This sentence of yours needs some bashing :hit :)

I test drove, T-Jet, Optra Magnum, Fiesta, verna, City, Civic and Cedia. Then Scorpio and Safari as well. The only cars that even came close were Cedia and Civic. May be Civic was a notch better and its obvious its a D Segment sedan. But I am thinking whether to shell that extra bucks for the Civic.

I am confused. As of now.. I am willing to marry the T-Jet and lead a happy life. Hope my wife doesn't read this. :devilface

One thing I am sure, even if I buy the T-Jet I will not add anything to it fearing the rattling or wahtever it may cause..I suffered to some extent with my MJD after the speakers and Sunfilms-installation. I cannot blame the installers as well since they did a perfect job from my perspective...

Thanks to the powerful AC in the T-Jet that will save me without the Sunfilms in scorching Chennai.

Sathya
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

I seriously havent felt any rattling at all. About the front suspension being bumpy, what pressure are u using, might be related to that. Another thing bout the lights, the directions can be changed easily to your liking. That will definetly solve the problem with the height.
    @satya - Tjet is the only way to go. Shelling 5-7 lakhs extra for a civic isnt worth with what you get with it.
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    [/quote]

I seriously havent felt any rattling at all. About the front suspension being bumpy, what pressure are u using, might be related to that. Another thing bout the lights, the directions can be changed easily to your liking. That will definetly solve the problem with the height.
    @satya - Tjet is the only way to go. Shelling 5-7 lakhs extra for a civic isnt worth with what you get with it.[/quote]

Ansal.. True.. T-Jet is the only way to go. I also remember one person selling his Civic for the T-Jet in Team BHP.. that speaks volumes on the car. ::T
  6. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Wow! looks like i started a debate! hang on guys, let me get the car checked first before we conclude anything. For all we know, it could be something very silly.

adutt: Read up a few posts. I had got the car detailing done at carzspa. Plus, i dont wash the car everyday. I just use a duster. I am working on getting my hands on meguiars products for a 5 step process.

anand_27: There is a setting to lower the headlight further. Mine is already at 0 position which is the highest. Normally, the headlight unit will have a mounting screw which can be adjusted. I saw them doing it during the factory visit. Have to check up at the service center.

sathya_sc: I dont have a rattling. Its minor squeaks which could be due to misalignment of something. I wouldnt want to comment on this or reach a conclusion until i get to the service center and find out what it is. Regarding doors, its sunfilm. I think they dropped the film bits inside and thats moving around.

Regarding the tyre pressure, thats the first thing i checked. Its within specs. To stop the annoying squeaking im even running it a bit lower than spec until saturday. The suspension is definitely good in riding out bumps etc but it does transfer lot of vibration through. The car is also dragging a bit to the right. For all we know both could be related.
  7. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    @sathya_sc - for the sun film installation. there is no absolutely no door removal or anything of those sort. I got it installed just a week back. For speakers they will have to. But my suggestion if you are buying a T-Jet we should not change any stock stuff. keep for for a year of two and then think about changing the speakers etc..

i have been driving the t-jet for almost 2 weeks and sometimes on bad road(u cannot expect good roads in bangalore) and there has not been any noticeable rattling noises.
  8. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    There is no rattling in my car too. Its more of a plastic squeak. More like two plastic panels rubbing against each other.
    The door noise seems to be more of the sunfilm bits falling off inside the door panel. The noise definitely sounds like that.
  9. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    No rattling in my t-jet too. As Harish said a lot of vibration filters in - which is not present in other brand new cars that i have driven. But as we know FIAT is a FIAT. Maybe beacuse of that, but you feel you are connected to the car while driving. Till now i am terming all the vibrations as steering feedback, but will sure have to get checked during service.
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Even My car doesnot have any rattling issue. We are always connected to our cars ,so some times even a sound or any minor issue being brought out and we start to worrying of the same. Please ignore these and enjoy your cars. Even any issue is there we have TFI to help in solving the same if not the improved ASS. (Note:- Have not been able to take the car out for three days due to some visitors, using hired cars. Itching to go for a drive).