1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My TJet Plus - Tuscan Wine

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by HarishSegar, Nov 6, 2010.

1. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Its two weeks and 300km so far. Here is some updates on the car.

Got Vkool 70 done all across including front windscreen. Dent on wallet: 35k. Too early to comment on it as i got this done yesterday. I selected vkool 70 over vkool 40 as the glass is already tinted and i didnt want to darken it further. The installation was very good though. Took around 3 hours and the experience of the installers and the eye to detail was commendable.

Vkool dealer was displaying some polymer coating - no brand name mentioned. It appeared to be an extra layer of clear coat. I dont know how good it is or how effective. From his booking sheet i could see that most of the cars which got that done were BMWs. The quote for my car was around 13k. Anyone who has got this on your car, please give me some feedback.

Next upgrade: Speakers. I am still scouting for some good ones.

On to some annoyances - The front suspension is a bit hard & car tends to go right easily than left. I also have brake squeal. Have to get this checked up. Its either some missing lubrication or some alignment issue.
  2. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Visited carzspa on saturday for a detailing work. They use meguiars products for the work and are very good. I got a 3 step process which included clean up, swirl removal, glaze and final coat of wax. It took them about 4 hours to complete. Below is the result. Note: the pics are straight out from cam.

PB280183.jpg

PB280188.jpg
  3. mukulh

mukulh Timido

Navi Mumbai
    I think The first service is 5000 km or 3 months whichever is earlier.

-Mukul
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The first servicing should be 3000KM or 3 months (Check your manual).
    And no need for any oil change at 3K km, the recommendation is to have oil changed at 15K km or 1 year.
  5. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    The Tjet has different initial service interval. I remember 5k kms for sure. Dont remember if its 3 months or 6 months. ::O
  6. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    5000k or 6 months it is as per t-jet manual.
  7. Fiat is getting better and better.. now first service on 6000km, it is only for T-jet.
    I guess in other countries Linea’s engine has service interval of 30000km.
    I
  8. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Post the FIAT factory visit, i headed out to a farm house near Murud. We took the road through mulshi dam. It would be more accurate to define it as "no road" rather than road. The car was just amazing through the turns there. Noticed couple of things during this trip.
    - Headlight is good with high beam but low beam coverage is a bit too short. It doesnt reflect the signboards on the road. I feel it needs to be slightly up. This way i dont have to switch to high beams to read boards & i can avoid perpetual high beam driving.
    - Front Suspension again. I feel its bumpy. Got a service appointment this weekend. Will check it out.
    - Steering, power through the turns, car balance is just amazing.
    - Squeaking noise in all 4 doors during rough patches & on right side of dashboard. Will check this weekend.

Picture taken at the farm:
  9. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Hey Harish...how can your car shine so much dude???....looking really good. Give us some tips or treatment you have got done on it.

- i too notice the car being bumpy on the front with the recommended 36psi...not sure if theres sme adjustment in suspension that wld be required.
  10. I also had the same issue and mentioned that in my post. I was told by executive as well as I red in manual that, you can adjust the headlight. May be you want to refer to that. I haven't gone through the same again after I forgot that setting.