1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My TJet Plus - Tuscan Wine

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by HarishSegar, Nov 6, 2010.

1. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Here is my T-Jet ownership review – the buying experience & the initial few days post-delivery. I will update this thread as the days go by.

Background: I had been looking for a good car around the 10L range for a while. Everyone has a list of criteria’s, mine were specific:
    - Good handling with steering feedback
    - Good suspension setup
    - Large boot
    - Good amount of power

I had my eyes on the Linea but the one thing stopping me was the power output. Now that with T-Jet it has been sorted, there is no reason to delay the purchase

Visit to Showroom (10 October)
    Visited the Concorde Motors showroom in Prabhadevi (Mumbai) with a friend. We were greeted warmly by the staff. The asked me details of what I was looking for and on mention of the TJet, they directed me to a sales person for TJet. Then, I was then taken to the exclusive Tjet display area – A nice spacious area with couches & a white TJet was on display.

The sales persons were quite knowledgeable. On learning that I have seen the MJD earlier, they stuck to just showing me the differences between the earlier Linea & the TJet, which is good as I was not interested in a sales pitch. He also clearly explained the difference between TJet and Tjet plus without asking for it. During this, I was offered the Lavasa coffee.

Next came the test drive. It was done on a Sunbeam Beige Tjet Plus. The sales person first took me on a short ride showing the power of the engine and then let me drive. Got behind the wheel and all I can say is that it was an amazing car. The car did exactly what I wanted it to do. Steering was good, acceleration was immense, ride over bumps & potholes were good. I am not going to get into extensive details of testdrive as many have covered it already. To summarize, it ticked all the boxes. (Looks, handling, suspension, boot, power).
    Once back in the showroom, we went through cost & finance options. Then came the big surprise. I was asking about the colors and wasn’t really happy looking at the swatch cards. They took me down to the basement and there stood a Tjet in every color. I saw atleast about 10 Tjets there in different colors. Apparently, they had started stocking the cars before the launch and the car is available on immediate basis. (one of the main reasons I dropped Vento). Took the details and got back to discuss with my wife. Home minister approval is very important ::T

Luckily, my wife liked the linea and we went back to the showroom two days later to finalize the car. Looked at the cars available and finalized on the Tjet Plus – Tuscan Wine and gave a down payment. At the moment, it appeared that I would get the car within a week.

I had chosen SBI for finance and we started moving the paperwork with them. It was going really slow and without any visibility to the progress. Decided to drop them and started processing with HDFC about a week later. Thanks to Diwali rush, it took a bit of time and finally the payment was made on 1st November.

The delivery:
    This caught me by surprise. I had requested for a delivery on 3rd November and they agreed. The car was prepared and was ready on 3rd by noon time. I was stuck in the office a bit and got there only by 4pm. We went through the car looking for dents, scratches, something out of place etc and everything seems to be in order. I was planning for the mudflaps but didnt like the design nor the idea of drilling holes in the car. The only accessory i picked up was the Black floor mats. These look similar to the older Linea one but it has TJet printed on it. Looking through the car, i dont think i found any bad plastics / badly fitted part. The car seems to be well put together. The only main gripe i have with the car is the audio system. Its pathetic. With all this cost, i wouldnt have cared about spending a few extra thousands for a better quality audio system.

I apologise for the photos, i will put them up shortly. My camera got hijacked by my sister in law for some party, before i could get the photos downloaded from it :roll:

Then we got back and completed the paperwork. I got my TR plate & documents. It was nice to see that FIAT had developed a checklist which i was made to fill. This contained most of the PDI points. The sales lead sat down with me and explained all the documents one by one. Gave me all the receipts and returned the documents which he had not used.

Did a small puja at the showroom itself and drove away with the car. It was already 6:30pm and the traffic was chaotic. After almost 2 hours of painstaking drive, we got back home.

Here are some interesting points i noted during the first day:
    - First service is at 5000km or 6 months. That is a long time. Not sure if i should wait that long for an oil change.
    - Ride though very stable, is a bit harder. I guess its mostly due to the 16"
    - Headlights are bright and coverage is amazing. With all the reviews about bad lights, i am a bit surprised.
    - Clutch is extremely light. I have been stalling the car multiple times across the last 3 days. Still adapting to it i guess :uh
    - Very difficult to keep the cars revs down. It just wants to be driven hard. :twisted:
    - FE average on MID says 7.6kmpl. Need to keep a close watch on that one.

Thats all for now. I will put up the pictures and more notes by Sunday.
  2. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Congrats Harish! You now own the best FIAT in India! :clapping
  3. Congratulations Harish :wow
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats on becoming a proud owner of T-Jet. Now we have some reviews of T-Jet as well and a few more are expected based soon (I know at least 3 more on this forum).
    Enjoy your beauty and I'll wait for those pics. :)

I know this is just a beginning and you'll discover many new features in due course of time. FIAT cars are known for such a huge features list that even FIAT does not know what all it has packed in it.
    Keep updating the "Did you know" thread as you discover new hidden features.

It is 3000km or 3 months for all other FIAT cars. I think even FIAT knows that first service should be at 6 months since it is merely a regular check. Service interval of Fiat cars is 15000Km/ 1 year.

Reviews crib about a lot of trivial things. Especially the plastic panel gap near keyhole area.

I hope you have reset both Trip A and Trip B at least once after bringing your beauty home.
    New cars are idled a lot at the dealerships during PDI checks etc so the FE is very low on the MID.
    Reset it once and then you'll notice better FE.
  5. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Harish Segar,

Congrats on your Purchase of T Jet Linea Plus. Good review, a new colour in the T Jet ownership. Happy & safe driving. :redcar
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Congrats bro. T-jet is evryones dream FIAT ::D
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congrats Harish on the purchase
    Regarding the ride being hard,it will be that way for the intial few thousand kms,would become more pliant later.Even now only the low speed ride would be hard,high speed ride in highways would be pliant even now.
    Regarding stalling,yup,that would happen when shifting to a new car,should not be a problem with the car.
  8. Congratulations Harish on your Fiat Linea AT-Jet +.

Now, I can shout to the whole world that everyone over here(including me) envy you. Yes, you've got a real driver's car :D

And, writing an ownership report without pics is really bad! :wink: Pics please... :)

Always wear you seat-belt and drive safe.

Amith
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, HarishSegar, on becoming a proud owner of Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus TW. Enjoy your beauty. Happy and safe driving in your T-Jet.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Harish !!

That is a good and honest review

Do keep on updating it from time to time

Amogh