1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My TJet badly bruised - recommended service center for body work in B'lore

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Torpedo, Apr 12, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    There is no question of warranty getting void. Sai Colorium did a fantastic job on my Linea. The colour-matching was 100% perfect. Khan of Sai Colorium told me that they feed the car's manufacturer/brand/model/version/shade, etc., to their computer and it recommends the proportions of various colours of paints to arrive at the particular shade. It is similar to Asian Paints computerised system that I had seen in a hardware shop while buying Asian Paints for painting of my house. The shop owner mixed various paints at the proportion indicated by the system to arrive at a particular shade chosen by me.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks all for your inputs

I visited KHT today and was told that the rear door and the quarter panel can be repaired back to shape and repainted (so no replacement of door needed).

They use DUPONT and showed me the paint booth where the painting is done and also a few cars where they had just completed work including Flamenco Red Linea.

Seemed like a decent setup and the workmanship was acceptable to me except that I noticed an enhanced glaze on the newly painted parts as compared to the original. The Body Shop guy (Vishwanath) told me that is normal because of the fresh clear coat and will eventually match the original color in a few weeks once the amount of fading evens out. Also since that car was a much older one, the fading on the rest of the parts was a lot more than on mine, so I am hoping that his theory is right.

The estimate was ~5.8 for the door and another 4K for the rear fender/quarter panel. Door moulding (chrome) will also need to be replaced - although it is not damaged, it will have to be ripped out for the repair work. Apparently even if they stick back the original, it will come out sooner or later and will not have adhesion like a new one. Estimate ~2.2K which seems high to me and insurance only covers 50% for such parts.

Finally, I noticed that the lock of the rear door which had been hit was not working. Seems like the impact dislocated something in the locking mechanism and hence it does not lock even with central locking. So I decided not to delay this anymore and have decided to leave the car on Monday

Attached pics of the bruises...

IMG_0737.jpg IMG_0738.jpg
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I thought the car is under warranty and getting it done outside will void any future claims to Fiat about the paintwork.
  4. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    @Relativity - I am getting it done at KHT Motors which is a TASS, so no concerns there. I chose to do it there because there are other problems that need to be fixed as well (lock not working, brake squealing etc) , else I would have given Sai Colorium a shot as well. Earlier post from J. Ravi indicates that there is no problem as such with warranty even if paint job is done elsewhere. But not sure how long the paint warranty is for anyway - I think 2 years?
  5. harshaldhote

harshaldhote Guest

Hi Torpedo, can you please share your experience of KHT motors .. after service ..we will be interested to see your beauty after recovery work .. Hope it might have recovered to original shape ..
  6. harshaldhote

harshaldhote Guest

Hi Torpedo, can you please share your experience of KHT motors .. after service ..we will be interested to see your beauty after recovery work .. Hope it might have recovered to original shape ..