1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My TJet badly bruised - recommended service center for body work in B'lore

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Torpedo, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    My TW Jet had a bad bruise this morning (haven't had a chance to take any pics yet). Basically as I was driving down the ramp to the basement parking at my workplace, I seemed to have misjudged the gap between the car and the wall on the left side and heard a heartbreaking noise of the wall bruising my beauty. Got out of the car immediately and noticed that the left rear door and the LHS rear wheel arch had a really bad dent and paint peeled out.

The car is just over 6 months old and I just returned after a 1500 km trip to Kerala without a scratch and then this happens :(

I have called KHT (which is where I normally service the car) and have an appointment for Saturday for an assessment of the body work

Wanted to know from fellow Bangaloreans

1) Does anyone have experience with KHT for body work and are they good? If not, which is a better service center - Concorde/Prerana / any other?

2) With the body work, will the service center folks be able to restore the original look? I have a TW which is as it is a hard color to maintain and having one door duller/brighter than the rest of the car will be quite apparent on this color I think. So the work will have to be as perfect as it can be...

3) A friend of mine who has a Red Punto was in a similar accident with both the LHS doors + rear Wheel Arch dented. It is being fixed at Prerana now and one of the doors is being replaced. I am wondering if they would recommend the same for me. I know they probably replace the door because it is not easy to get back the sexy curves on these italian beauties with simple tinkering. Does anyone know how much a Linea TJet door would cost if it has to be changed?

I most likely will have to go through insurance but don't mind paying out of pocket if it is under 10K overall

Thanks !
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  3. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    replacing rear door will cost atleast 6000 + painting charges of 3000. Also your rear fender is dented which should cost another 2500 + approx only for painting. denting charges would be separate. So its not going to be less than 10000 i think.

I would suggest if they (SC) insist on changing the door then better try with sai colorium who might be able to repair the same door. i am saying this because replaced door will loose the thud slightly and you might find a bit of difference in the the closing sound as their is some factory finish on the original doors which the changed doors miss.

For body work i have experience with KHT and Prerana, both of them are good, only thing you will need to put some additional effort from your side to get the finishing part like new as sometimes the SC guys are not able to sight some small finishing issues that are very much evident to us fiatians but once you point them out they will fix it.
  5. kesav554

kesav554 Timido

Rajahmundry
    I had a similar kind of incident on my medium grey punto long time back. There was a damage on the left wheel arch but not on the door. I got the painting job done at KHT whitefield. They have done a good job. It costed me Rs.2000/-
  6. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    thanks shams and kesav554

@shams - thats a good point about the door loosing the thud if replaced. Let me see what the SC says, hopefully they can do it without replacement.

Somehow, I am trying to stick with TASS for this work on a 6 month old car and also since I know the SA's there now personally. Just wasn't sure how they were with body work and updates from you and kesav554 suggest they are good
  7. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    @torpedo, sorry to hear about your beauty.

i dont think TATA guys will restore like ravi sir's linea.

i have painted my bonnet from TASS,of course insurance claim.

very very poor quality of paint work,but they painted the bumber like new one.

if you are not opting for insurance then sai is worth a chance.

i will post the picture for you.
  8. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    If you are not comfortable getting work done other than TASS then you can contact Mr. Adit - he is director of KHT and he can help you getting in touch with some service advisor in KHT. Pls pm him and ask if he can help/suggest something on this.
  9. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Hi, today my 1 day old punto got scratched on both left side doors and mine is also TW. I can't bear to see that white paint visible on the doors so not feeling like taking photos. I called the service centre and its a local holiday tomorrow in Chennai. Not sure if I can get the original beauty back. Guys can you suggest good service centre that can restore the beauty beyond any difference?
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

12th April indeed looks a bad day for TWs. Mine is also TW Punto. One joker on bike literally lost control yesterday coming from opposite side on an empty state-way. I am yet to understand the reason, best i can think is he was drunk? It was late evening somewhere 7:30 PM & ABS literally saved a life here else he was destined to be a Superman:A. I can't imagine that impact. By the time drama finished, we both were at wrong sides of the road. That how i saved him but a bigger question, hope he reached home alive:confused:. Never mind, it's destiny we can't bend.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012