1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My teenage dream: BNW Grande Punto VGT 90HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Arkin, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Done 3200 km in 1 month!
    Got it on 13th OCTOBER The emotion packed Italian Marvel.
    We chose it over the Honda City and Linea T-Jet after considering 2 dozen other cars over the past 2 years that failed to *genuinely* impress us.
    From FIAT to FIAT. My 28 yr old Premier Padmini / Fiat 1100.
    CIMG4278.jpg

I own an i10 1.2 and Fiesta TDCi too, but the new FIAT bowled over my family.

We love it for the
    *Performance:
    1st gear is nothing special, 2nd is okay, good for the hills, 3rd is SUPER, 4th is SUPERB and 5th is HEAVEN.
    The performance is pretty mature. Turbo lag will actually be helpful for learners (like me). From the 3rd gear onwards, all the other cars on the road are left behind, and @3000rpm in the 5th, one can do a steady 120. Sounds awesome, and packs plently of punch/torque.
    As long as it is driven at (upto) 3000-3500rpm, performance is pure bliss.
    *Build Quality:
    TOP CLASS. Better than my FORD. This, apart from torque, is why we ditched our Honda plans.
    *Handling:

Do I need to say anything? Nothing comes closed. We drag raced back from Nandi hills last night with an old Verna, and the poor Hyundai was tossed about like a boat by the driver.
    *Ride Quality:
    Again TOP CLASS. Once you get used to FIAT ride quality, most other cars will be a pain.
    *Looks:
    Subjective, but almost all people say this is the best looking hatch.
    *Interiors:
    Airy. Pretty decent design, except for the lack of storage spaces. Leg room is decent.
    *Plastic quality:
    Much better than the Swift's, but panel gaps and a few rough edges do exist.
    *FE:
    Even when Driven only at high rpms and high speeds on bad roads by an EXTREMELY SPIRITED driver, it gave us 13.5-14 kmpl average.
    I think we could manage at least 20kmpl if my dad drives sedately with a light foot.
    *Features:
    Blue & Me + My car take the cake, while Powered mirrors and One shot Power Windows are delightful.

+ Points:
    All the above plus awesome (better than Hyundai) Sales, booking and delivery service, 15000km service interval.
    Uneven panel gaps inside, assembly defects, turning radius irritating sometimes.

We'd booked red, but mom changed it to white. Cost w.o LTT came to 6.85-6.9 lakh.
    Accessories/mods:
    Got Mudflaps (now taken off) and Gareware Dark Natural ash free.
    Got SAI white reverse parktronic from the dealer
    The following from Mr Satya (Evo)
    -Gareware Icecool Alps.
    -Chrome Exhaust tip.
    -Rear spoiler.
    -Kagu 3d Mats - beige.

Plans-
    -audio upgrade (Dec)
    -door protectors - like the Vista's (Dec)
    -Leather seats and trim - after the fabric goes bad
    -Tuning box or Chip (after I get my DL and start driving) ::T
    -Projector Headlamps (Post DL)

Why not T-JET???
    Dad felt the Punto was easier to navigate in the great "city" I live in.
    Same torque, better FE, cheaper fuel, lower maintenance cost.

Still, If it were let to me, I'd have bought the T-JET....
    295840_284811408210651_100000453820419_1002991_581852425_n.jpg 386420_291965480828577_100000453820419_1025780_2128617259_n.jpg 061120115408.jpg 061120115409.jpg 121120115472.jpg 121120115480.jpg 061120115377.jpg 121120115479.jpg
    More pics ASAP.
    The odo reads a little over 3500 now.
    In Mr Arun Srinivasan's words " It is neither a CAR, nor a CAAAAAR - it is a FIAT"
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    6 people like this.
  2. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Congrats on your beauty... Enjoy ur ride and have lot of safe miles....
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Thanks! Your red beauty looks ULTRA HOT! I'm envious! :)
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on your new acquisition.

Do you really like the rear spoilers?
    IMO, Punto will be great and sporty without the spoilers.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Thank you.

You're the 2nd person telling me this. It's a clip on so I can take it off anytime myself ... will think about it. I just felt the rear silhouette was a little incomplete.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Arkin. 90HP is an awesome machine (I don't know why I am saying this again though I talk to you almost everyday on facebook. :p ). HeHe.

Myself and Arun1100 never actually believed you'd buy GP until you brought it home.

Edit- Time to change the "FIAT Enthusiast" tag to "GP 90HP" from settings.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Arkin you have bought one of the best hatches in India now. Enjoy your ride & you got a pretty good reg no there. It is advisable to mask the reg number when posting it online . Just a safe practice.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Arkin congratulations.

Spoiler on your car looks fantastic. How much you paid for that? Does it has clips or need drills to fix it.

You have very good registration number :)
  9. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Welcome to 90HP crew :) Drive Safe
  10. Welcome to the Club !. Congrats !