1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Sweet LINEA..

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Aravindh VK, Sep 2, 2012.

1. why shoudnt you open a thread for all the abbreviations used here ? [or] Is there any thread for that if I have missed so ?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  3. The next problem had begun in my Linea.
    -On 22nd November, The turbo stopped working for a minute and when I turned off the car and switched on again, it started working.
    Today, after visiting dhans4all's marriage, on returning, at a speed of 130, the engine's response got arrested suddenly i.e., There was no response thereafter from the engine when the accelerator was pressed to its limit.[Unfortunately the Vento which was chasing me for 5 minutes went ahead of me.!:(] and when I suddenly switched off the AC and Music system, I noticed that the turbo was not working which was clear to my ears. Like before, I stopped the car and switched on again and rev'd the engine, the turbo was then working.
    -Due to the local ex.minister's death, Total salem had shut down today. So TASC in Salem has told me to bring after 3 days. What shall I do next before taking to TASC.?
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  5. Hola..!! My car came back to me after spending 2 days at the service centre..
    My car was in the TASC for 2 days, and the first day, some connections were given to the engine which was connected to a computer for reading errors. But after 2 hours of various check, no errors were read. On the next day, I was called to the SC for a joint-long-trial. A 50 kms drive was made by the service head and went upto 140kmph. And many times, while going at 90kmph, the car was slowed down below 2000rpm@5th gear and accelerated again but the turbo was working really well. After the trial, The SC people mentioned some points as follows:
    - These kind of errors are mentioned as "INVISIBLE ERRORS" and no errors were read on the previous day's check.
    - In today's trial, the turbo was really working well, in all conditions.
    - So, it will be unfair to "touch the engine" / "Factory settings".
    - This problem has been rarely indicated by some customers, but they faced only 2-3 times and there was no problem then for 2 years.[Hope mine to be same.!:rolleyes:]
    - If the problem arises again, bring the car to SC without switching off the engine further for any reasons.
    After 2 hours in SC, a water wash was done as a compliment and the Interior polish was done but I was not billed.!
    HERE COMES IT..
    There is a Trumpet shaped flyover in our city, on which the SC people was trialing my car at a speed of 80 in a "O" curve. He told that, "if this was the previous Linea with less GC, I would have done this curve at 120KMPH". I was shocked and argued that this is with 16" wheels which is longer and broader than the previous one. He then said that due to higher GC, The air entry will be more at the GC area and so the car will dance slightly, BUT the grip will be Fantastic.
    HOPING THAT I WILL NOT FACE THIS TURBO PROBLEM HEREAFTER..!!::pP IF IT ARISES ONCE AGAIN, THEN THE SC WILL GET:punch:punch:punch
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  6. FIAT_RIDE

FIAT_RIDE

Coimbatore
    Hi,
    Can you give your contact number...Since me too facing almost similar kind of issue.
  7. I will send through PM since I don't know whether we have permissions to publish our mobile numbers here. And also some of the threads regarding turbo problem are mentioned in this thread. You can also go through it.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Let's hope that the problem do not recur again.

They are indeed correct, Aravindh. This is the very reason on being sceptical about upgrading the GC on my car. :)
    2 people like this.
  9. Yes..! I was wondering about this for a long time, and it came to an end.:p