1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Sweet LINEA..

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Aravindh VK, Sep 2, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry to disagree. The SC ruling is very clear - "The officer responsible shall fine the offender and will also remove the film on the spot". All it takes is one unfortunate day and one honest cop (don't we all desire to meet one?), insistent on following the ruling to the letter. I really would not want to gamble 10K or even 1K on that. After all, I have to work really hard to earn even that 1K.

Rajan

PS: I had CR70 in my Palio which I removed on my own on 4th May, the day the ruling cam into force. I was never stopped. Ironically, I was stopped twice in the past 2 months after buying the Linea, and I had to let the cop feel my windows to get convinced that I do not have any film.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Opinion always differ :). I am very well aware of that ruling.

Forget about CR70, cops in Chennai did not even act on vehicles with lighter tints so far. They may start doing that some day. But, again CR70 is very hard see through the naked eye. I still have that film in my car's windshield. Me and my family cannot take the Chennai heat and UV rays for all the time just because of this idiotic rule.

On a side note, SC has also ruled for so long that all the State Governments should implement the HSRP (High Security Registration Plates). Many deadlines have passed. Still, I don't see any state lawmakers implementing that. This sunfilm ruling provided them with the oppurtunity of collecting money and they are doing it.
    1 person likes this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    even i visited this SC in Nov 2010 and for a similar problem on my way to kodaikanal from bangalore. front left door wasn't locking. had to wait for an hour for them to open since i reached there at 8:30 AM itself. That time, as far as i remember, mine was the only Fiat in the SC along with atleast 50 tata cars. punto looked like a queen in the crowd there ;) the problem was attended well but they found that door handle needed replacement which was not in stock. They did some jugaad so that it got unlocked only from outside for me to be able to continue my journey.. there was no separate waiting lounge there i remember. some seats were there in one corner of the reception area for customers.. hope they have it now!!
    The people i interacted with there were very courteous.. so all in all it was a good experience!!
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There is a waiting lounge now. I think they have done a complete renovation post 2010. I was waiting at the customer lounge when they worked on my car.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Ramjn - I had CR70, so I know what it looks like. Just because Chennai cops are not doing anything, or because there are other rulings that are not implemented, I would not shell down my hard earned money to break the law.

Tell me something - you say you have CR70 on your windshield. Did you put that up before the ruling or after? If the film was there when the ruling came into force, then you have already spent that money and you have nothing to lose. If you did indeed put that film post the ruling, then you sure are justified in advising others to do the same.

Rajan
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That is some hard statement against me. Let me make my statement clear. I am not asking anyone to install the film or break the SC ruling. Read the initial post of mine again - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/7264-my-sweet-linea-4.html#post140105

I did install the film even before the SC ruling and I had CS20 on the windows and rear (it is dark film with 20% visibility). I was fined for the same and I removed it. I wasn't able to manage well with the heat since then. That is the reason why I got the quote for CR70 for windows alone from the 3M car care. I was about to do that but I left India and the plan for doing the CR70 for the windows is very well on as soon as I come back. This is my choice.
  7. Shams.. In this SC, the service manager told that per day, 5-6 cars only comes there.. yes.. Our FIAT cars rule out all the minds of people present there..:)
  8. Nice sticker work in there Aravindh! :clap
    1 person likes this.
  9. cool down.. cool down..!!
    while me and my dad sit in the front, we have 4 direct blowers but My Mom, who sits in the rear seat, have only one blower.. so atleast I must do the CR70 for the rear windows.. But I think of doing for all because in salem, not even the dark films have been removed.. So I think atleast for two years.. I can be free with CR70..what say folks..??

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you Anandh..
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not a bad idea. But, you should be ready to take this risk. Again, I would suggest to do CR70 on all 4 windows. If you do it for only Rear, the difference will be visible between the front and rear windows. If you do it for all, nothing is going to be visible. Also, remember to wipe off the 3M holograms from the film.
    1 person likes this.