1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Sweet LINEA..

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Aravindh VK, Sep 2, 2012.

1. So here is my first service experience..
    Service done at THE TRUE SAI WORKS, SALEM
    Mr.Shaktivel was there at the entrance for welcoming FIAT cars. All detachable parts are strictly not allowed in the car while giving to the service station.
    I was wearing the FIAT T-shirt got from the ooty meet:):D, so they directly started asking technical faults in car... THE SERVICE STATION HAS AN ABILITY OF SERVICING 50 CARS AT A TIME WITH FOUR LANES, ONE FOR FIAT.. And Neatness is strictly followed with their servicing people to prevent the oil and grease stains on cars. My linea was Billed with an amount of INR-590 and two trials were done.
    1. The service head(mechanic) will do a trial drive immediately after servicing.
    2. The second trial should be done by us with the service manager for our satisfaction.
    Totally the service experience was very good and satisfactory.
    I AM NOW ADVISED TO BRING MY LINEA IMMEDIATELY AFTER OUR FIAT FACTORY MEET FOR AN OIL CHECK-UP FOR FREE..!!
    3 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have once visited The True Sai Works, Salem to fix the faulty door lock in my Linea. I too had very good experience there. What I was really impressed with is the cleanliness there. Never seen any Tata Service Centre so clean as I saw there. Also, the service facility is very big and bigger than the one we see in Chennai.
    1 person likes this.
  3. I don't know about the size of chennai service station... so I couldnt mention its size.. yes.. Salem service station looks like a small factory..!!:wow
  4. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00823.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    This is what a customer expects from an ASC. Fiat must ensure that all its dedicated service station gives such kind of service experience to all customers day after day.
  6. During the day time drive, due to high temperature outside, the cabin's cooling efficiency gets lowered and especially at the back, its horrible. With the SC orders and TN Government's orders switched on, I have a doubt that whether it is still in progress or faded out in air..??
    If i have an option of putting a sun-film on my car, what are the specifications for it..?
    Thanks,
    Aravindh VK
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is not a good idea to install the film now. To my knowledge, there is still no respite from this idiotic rule. But, in a city like Salem, I doubt if cops have started any crackdown for this. To be safer, you can think about installing 3M CR70. It is a transaparant film but very good in heat rejection.

Approximate cost for this film.
    Windshield - Rs. 7k
    Front and Rear Windows - Rs. 10k
    Rear Windshield - Rs. 5k.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Get your pollen filter cleaned. Have you got the A/C upgrade done, if your car needed it? If not get that done.

This is a good option, provided:

1. You are 100% sure that the cops in Salem are not going to start a crackdown, ever
    2. You are never going to drive the car out of Salem
    3. You do not mind 22K going down the drain, if you get stopped unfortunately

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. My car is an April-2012 made. Does it need an upgrade..??
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not really. He can very well go out of Salem too with this option. I doubt if he would be caught even in Chennai for the CR70. This film is hardly visible and cops cannot find it without physically inpecting the windows. And he need not spend 22k for this. I would recommend the films only for the windows as of now for Rs. 10k. The rear can be protected by using the curtain in Linea. Front windshield can be planned later.

I have planned to do CR70 for the windows once I come back to India. I already have CR70 in the windshield. I was fined for the dark film on the windows and I removed it. No issues thereafter with the CR70 though.

No.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012