1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Sweet LINEA..

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Aravindh VK, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Hi FIATians..
    Like all the new-comers thread, this too will be a story of how I got my Linea. Hope you will enjoy this thread. I am Aravindh VK, studying III year Automobile Engineering in SRM University, Chennai. My native is Salem.
    Starting with the time when I got the awareness that a car named Linea is on wheels in India, lets go back to 2009. My mother is a doctor in Salem. She used to have meeting on 3rd Sundays in the IMA hall. One of that Sundays, The people of TrueSaiWorks had put a stall there and at the first sight I fell in love with Linea. From that, I was forcing my parents to change our car but my bad time, I entered 12th. After completing it I wished to enter SRM, so they told to choose whether Linea or SRM. Thinking that Linea can be bought after a couple of years, but I can’t enter SRM after that, I selected SRM. And I kept dumb for an year, then I started my second round. This time, since our Indica[2004] was getting older, they too decided to change the vehicle.
    The first comment on Linea which I got is “Nobody buys FIAT, why should you do so??” The reply I made for it is, “Say only if there is any Technical fault in Linea”.
    The next comment is “This car doesn’t have a good Resale value”. For that I told ”If people like us start buying it, It will automatically increase”. And I added that everyone will look back at linea once it crosses.
    At last, we booked the Linea 1.3MJD Emotion. The waiting period was 10 days. I got the vehicle on 2nd July 2012, 5:45 pm. Oops!! The next day I have to go to college since my third year was starting on 4th July. Next day I drove 365kms from my home to college. After 25 days in college, ran back to home for linea. This time I went at 165 kmph on the Salem-Coimbatore highway which is my memorable event in my lifetime. But I can hear very minute noises from the rear seat. But that doesn’t matter for me because I am experiencing one of the best driving pleasure even at higher speeds. And now my parents too started loving our Linea. Whenever I drive with my parents, I will point out the people who are starring at this beauty at signals. That gives a proud as if I am in a Ferrari. And I am happy to be a part of our ooty meet.
    This is my first ever brief post in any website. Waiting for your comments,
    Yours FIATfully,
    Aravindh VK.
    5 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, Aravindh VK. Explore and enjoy your sweet Linea.:)
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for your sweet Linea.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Aravindh, What is the color of your car? Do share pictures of your Linea. We would always be happy to see the pictures.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Congratulations on your sweet linea:)

Please share the pics of beauty:)
    1 person likes this.
  6. 179542_443369902374527_494829960_n (1).jpg As all the images are above 6 mb.. im shortening it. will post as soon as possible
    8 people like this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for your beauty & for making the right choice. Welcome to TFI. Please do share pics
    1 person likes this.
  8. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Congrats for your Beauty, Drive Safe.....
  9. Got hit by a dog today... lowest part of the front body got misplaced at the centre...with my parents inside, i suddenly stoped the car at the middle of the highway and started cursing the dog... A porshe cayenne who followed my car, after seeing this, said "Hello Boss.. Dont worry.. It happens. Since its the first, you will feel very bad.!!" While crossing, I saw 3 dents on his porshe...!!! lol..
    2 people like this.
  10. Congrats for owning one of the hottest sedans in India...
    By misplaced what do you mean?is it misaligned?or completely came off?
    Dont worry things like these happen...we will try our best to protect our car aswell as incidents like these from happening,but some things are not in our hand...
    So how is the car now?you coming for the tfi meet no??
    1 person likes this.