1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My silver beauty

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mpbRoadie, Jul 8, 2013.

1. mpbRoadie

mpbRoadie

Bangalore
    Hi All,
    First of all congratulations to all members for creating such a nice forum for Fiat auto lovers and a big thanks to moderators to let me join this team. I am Madhurjya, a software professional from Bangalore.

Let me start with a few words about myself. Travelling and roads drag me like nothing else. For last 4 years my faithful Yamaha FZ has been accompanying me to various places in Southern India. But when the pleasure of biking on highways and countryside roads is unmatchable, at the same time it has its limitations of reach. So buying a car was something on my head for over a year now. During all this time, the name "Punto" was somewhere in some corner of my heart, but wasn't getting much attention. The Name "Fiat" is something really special to me. It’s mostly due to my nostalgic memories of the "Fiat Premier Padmini", my father's first car.

I made up my mind to finally get a car two months back. Being my first car and with limited budget, I was only considering hatches and sub-four meter vehicles. Took test drives of shortlisted options Swift, Ritz, Amaze, Quanto and Polo. Notice Punto still isn't here, but it was definitely on my shortlist. I was postponing Punto test drive all the time. May be I wanted to test Punto versus best of the rest :)! It’s worth mentioning here that I was only considering a diesel motor. So after those test drives, Polo and Swift remained. Now on one Saturday, I went to Fiat showroom with one of my friend. It was a nice and easy environment there at showroom. After some wait we got to test drive the car. Well, it didn't take more than 5 minutes to decide after getting into the car. Although my friend was pushing me for the 90HP and I knew it's the better one, I didn't want to push by budget. It was almost decided for Punto 2013 MJD Dynamic when the dealer informed me that there are 2012 models available with very good cash discounts. So finally it’s a 2012 Fiat Punto MJD Emotion Minimal grey. I wasn't very sure about the color while booking, but now I am happy.

Booked the car on June 16th, got her on last Thursday July 4th. I am happy on my dealings with "Vecto motors", exclusive Fiat dealer here in Bangalore. So far my silver beauty has clocked 1200km in last 4 days. I can say only good things about her.

Here is a glimpse of her - IMG_6994-5.jpg

Thanks!
    6 people like this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Welcome to TFI..Congratulations Madhurjya for buying Fiat Punto MJD..Minimal Grey is unique and rare colour on Punto and it looks Fantastic..Nice review and Story of buying a Fiat..enjoy ur beauty and hav a gr8 and memorable time with her..Happy Miles..post lots of pics of ur beauty..
    1 person likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Welcome to Team FIAT India & congratulations for new Punto. :up

Please start ownership thread.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Congratulations on buying a fantastic car, even after 3.5 years my car brings smile on face when ever i drive her on on B2B traffic.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Congratulations Madhur for your Grande Punto 1.3MJD Emotion & welcome to TFI. Do post more snaps of your beauty
    1 person likes this.
  6. mpbRoadie

mpbRoadie

Bangalore
    Thank you!

Thank you! I will post some more pics soon.

Thanks Nadeem. I am glad that you liked my story :)

Thanks a lot! I will start my ownership thread soon.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you guys for your warm welcome! Being my first car I have limited knowledge about her. So I will need your supports and advises.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats and welcome aboard. Very nice choice. Who assisted you @Vecto? Mind writing a short dealership experience you had since day of booking - PDI - Delivery.

Goodies you got away with?

Flow in more pics.

Thanks
    1 person likes this.
  8. mpbRoadie

mpbRoadie

Bangalore
    Thanks Zenwalker! At Vecto, one senior sales person Suresh assisted me throughout my dealing. Also his supervisor Santosh attended me once when I was confused about my color choice and wanted to change it :) Things go slow and steady there at Vecto. But guys are nice and I am so far happy. Will write in detail in my ownership thread.

Apart from standard cash discount for 2012 model, I got a basic reverse parking sensor + usual goodies (Ganesha idol + number plate + Foot mats + mud flaps + perfume).
  9. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Welcome the club mpbRoadie. Heartiest congratulations. Take care and Drive safe.

Cheers,
    Lun@fiatic

*** INDIAN by birth, FIATIAN by choice ***
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Madhurjya, welcome to TFI and FIAT family.
    Congratulations on owning the beauty, its a very good first picture i must say drool worthy.
    Am expecting to see a treat for the eyes with the ride pictures.

Punto has been a underdog with most of us here when starting car hunt and then it wins on every aspect. MJD satisfies heart, mind and the pocket :)

Wshing you lot of happy miles with the ride.