1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Shirts Wet after the drive to office

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Surya, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Guys i have this question since long time i had this in my mind, I initially had an impression that my shirt (behind) was getting wet due to summer heat but its not true even during the monsoon i have this problem i usually drive for approx 40 - 60 min in B2B traffic, i am running in with AC but still after i reach office my back is wet, any ideas please..:mrgreen:
  2. May be you are becoming nervous in the traffic:) Just pulling your leg.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    my shirt becomes wet slightly sometimes but i thought this might be happening because I have art leather seats!

This just reminds me that if I drive hard, i sweat more! naturally... probably thats when the shirt becomes slightly wet :)
  4. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    I have this same issue. My office is just 5-10 minutes drive, so I am saved there. However, anything more than 30-40 minutes will have my shirt drenched on the back & in the armpits. It is really irritating to get out of the car & go meet someone with a wet shirt & possibly smelling bad too.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    i have driven with AC and also with the windows open in cool winds but still the shirt is wet., i have art leather seats with wooden/Bamboo beedings on it, everybody is starring at me and if there's a meeting in the morning i am running straight to rest room and dancing in front of the dryer (Mr.Bean style) . .:confused Kindly advice.
  6. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    LOL.. couldn't help smiling :) I think it is because our backs are usually pressed against the seat back and as such there is no air circulation over it. What I do is drive leaning forward very slightly every now and then, so that there is the smallest of gaps between the seat back and my back.. This dries up the perspiration fast. Similarly for armpits , every now and then point your elbows upwards (like the chicken dance) to ensure some air reaches under your arms. The threads we come up with.. :mrgreen:

This thread reminded of this camera bag - similar to one I have. See how it has padding at the back to ensure air flow so that your shirt does not get wet after carrying the bag for long periods.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i guess you are having art leather seat covers in your ride.. fabric seats avoid this to a certain extent .
    1 person likes this.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I use marble beads on the seat and this helps to an extent. At least for city driving time. Mine still being stock fabric seat cover could be an added advantage.
    -Sent from Lumia 620 using Board Express
  9. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, fabric seat are better in this business. You can use a cotton batch towel to cover the driver seat, which will be help you up to some extent.
    In luxury cars there is a option for cooling the seats..
  10. venka

venka BANNED

As Many of other posted above its due to the seat material , It happens in art leather and leather. If your using any of those type of seat covers other than fabric one put a bath towel (Thick one ) on your seat or wooden beedings also help.

If you still face that problem then you sweat a bit more . As i have faced this problem in my earlier car , So didn't go for any type of seat covers for my punto.