1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Ride, 1.2 Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by rishike007, Dec 12, 2012.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes you are right RMZ. The same reaction I was having :)

During Fiat cafe IPL screen I met Mr. Mangesh.
    Also talked with him about the same. He explain me about the third party components. He told me that the warranty of the battery starts from the sale of the car. The manufacturing date is not taken in consideration.
    In my case I got this issue after 16 months of purchase. So already the warranty of the battery is expired.

He also told me that if the battery troubles me in future on regular basis then I need to inform him for the same for the battery replacement.

Also he asked his technician team to check my battery at that time also. :) And they didn't found any issues in the battery.

I will try to checkup the same in some time intervals.

Also the courtesy Mr. Mangesh has shown is also admirable. :)
    2 people like this.
  2. RMZ

RMZ

Cochin
    Wow, good to know that the battery manufacturing date is not taken into consideration. ::T

I knew Mr. Mangesh would be supportive, as he was extremely professional and helping whenever I have dealt with him regarding my car. Kudos to him for making the ownership experience for us all the more sweet. :clapping
    1 person likes this.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Doesnt matter if the manufacutring date is considered or not, the battery starts decaying from day 1, its after all a chemical reaction going inside, technically that battery would have lasted a lot longer than failing out on 16th month just after warranty.
  4. Bro I got my first second-hand Punto 1.2 which has clocked 25k.
    It gives me an average of 11 kmpl. Plus it's not like I rev too much or that I continuously use the A/C. So is that normal?
    Also, I sometimes smell petrol after driving about a couple of miles. Weird much.
  5. Re: 30K km Review of my Ride......

Not bad considering when my father drove he never got more than 10kmpl with ac, he drives very hard within the city.maxing out in the first 3 gears.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Sallu Bhai,

Congrats for the 1.2
    It's should be in higher side. But could you tell me about your driving conditions? If you are driving your car in 100% city traffic then the millage will be dropped.
    & what you are getting is acceptable. Because my worst figures are in mumbai traffic are 12 to 13 kmpl with AC.
    But in Pune traffic these figures are more compared to Mumbai.

As your car has clocked 25 K kms, just check all oil levels & filers are cleaned. Otherwise go for the service checkup.
  7. Thankyousomuch, Rishike!

Well, I drive within the city limits, during rush hours mostly.
    But I still reckon 11kmpl is less considering it's a chota 1.2 litre engine.

But the fact that after a heavy drive I can smell petrol near and around the fuel door concerns me.

Apart from this, I was thinking of upgrading to a 15" rubber. How does that sound?

Arnab, man I love dads who speed. Such a thrill.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Show to the service guys the smelling problem. This is not a good sign.

Upgrading to 15" is a good idea but do it like Punto 1.4 has 15".
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    BOSS.... on MID

photo111.jpg
    2 people like this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Good going BOSS :up