1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Ride, 1.2 Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by rishike007, Dec 12, 2012.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    A very bad experience with the battery provided as OEM fittment with my RIDE.

Shocking to see this;

1. The battery is older than car. MFD of battery is July 2010 & Purchase of the car is Oct 2011
    2. The battery needs to be changed as it's nearing to 3 year mark.

Question:
    How FIAT is using the older batteries in the newer cars?

As per warranty also I can't claim for the battery replacement as the date of purchase has crossed 15 months mark.
    The clause for warranty is mentioned for OEM fitment is as;

12 months from the date of sale & 15 months from month of manufacture of battery whichever is earlier.

In my case; my car will be 15 months old from the date of purchase is 20th of this month. But the manufactures date has already crossed the date of expiry :(

I think we need to add this point in our PDI checklist so that the new FIAT buyer should ask for the latest battery not the old battery.

This can be identified by the MFG code : 2J03 means it's July 2010 like this.

In this scenario I can't claim at all for battery replacement. So I need to opt for a new battery.

That's very disgusting from FIAT. I'm really disappointed by my experience. :(

Have anybody has suffered the same as what I am suffering now?

The overall kms done till now are 34+K kms. Till last Saturday I was the prod owner of FIAT.

But due to this 3rd party component I am very disappointed.

Note: I have already posted the same on the battery section but this is my ownership thread so I thought like I can add the same here with more description.
    4 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rishi,
    Well i would say you should be proud of your car for not giving any problem due to the battery.
    if you were on long drive in mid of jungle that too in ghat sections and all sudden headlights gone,starting problem... goes on..... :D

its universal and one should accept the 3rd party,also its quality responsibility of the brand maker.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes ganges. I knew the universal truth & accepting it too.

But in my case when I got my car's delivery at that moment the warranty of the battery was expired. Can you accept that?

My car's delivery date is 18-Oct-11 & the Manufacturing date of the Battery is July 2010.

I had a mailing conversation with Mangesh & he has escalated the problem to my dealer.
  4. What dealer can do in this matter?
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No,never.

Why dealer is being dragged here,what quality department from FIAT doing ?
    So rishi whats your requirement now from FIAT ? new battery at half of the price or issue new batter under warranty ?
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I really don't understand this but I have already forwarded the reply from mangesh to the delivery manager of Fortune. Let's see.

Yesterday I had a chat with him & he told me that they have nothing to do with it. So Again the ball is in FIAT's court.

If possible I would like to take a new battery as the battery I got was expired. So no chance of getting any battery by paying half.

Let's see.

BTW the battery is charged & functional. So I don't have any problem right now. But this matter should be escalated to all responsible personals as well as the new buyer should aware of this fact. This is not for FIAT. This is applicable to all makes.
  7. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Rishikesh,

what is the Date of manufacture as per the VIN ?.I feel there may be 4-6 month difference with the purchase date.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It's May 2011 as per VIN

So not an issue.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yesterday, my ride's first break pads were changed finally at Pandit auto, Bavdan.
    It was a good experience with the Pandit auto.
    Also changed the camber bolt too. The total expense was Rs. 4474/-

Condition after 36k KMS.

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. RMZ

RMZ

Cochin
    @rishi, this is just ridiculous. I can't stand to see a manufacturer like FIAT doing this.

I think you will get a positive resolution from Mr. Mangesh. Do keep us posted.
    Last edited: May 1, 2013