1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Ride, 1.2 Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by rishike007, Dec 12, 2012.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Spark plug change... suggestion required

Hi All,

As my ride has crossed 50K kms now. Got some cold starting issues. When I consulted the same with Pandit Auto, they confirmed the replacement of the spark plugs. As per servicing schedule it should be changed on 60K service.

But the trouble starts 10K before. No issues for it.

I'm planning to replace the spark plugs with iridium spark plugs.

Anybody from TFi has done the same before? What is the advantage over conventional spark plugs?

The price difference is huge between iridium & conventional spark plugs. But really these are worth?

Please let me know your suggestions.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Guys need your expert suggestion on changing spark plugs to iridium once.

Any one has to share the review pf the same please let me know.

I'm planning to change the spark plugs soon as getting cold start issues now a days. Please suggests.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Update time.

ODO readings 51169 Kms

Replaced spark plugs from Pandit Auto bavdhan.

Total expense ₹350/- due to checkup camp & discount.

My ride is now behaving great....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to know you have used checkup camp and got some discount.
    BTW, the cost is 350 or 1350?
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Rishi,

Iridium Spark Plugs got me anxious for many years now, as Palio 1.2 had 2 electrode Spark plug, I couldn't use these, Bosch has a 4 Electrode spark plug, I had it installed in my car, except being long lasting power wise not that huge, however yes I must say I did get a ooomph factor espically from Start, the pick up was impressive, I sincerly suggest you to go for the Iridium ::T

Just a suggesstion, if you are going for these plugs and you do have Starting trouble, I suggest you spend about 500 + lab charges and get the Spark Plug Cable changed, honestly if there's a small lekage that problem get solved
    1 person likes this.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2

Thanks for the suggestion Anup.

But today itself I've changed those with the OEM one only, as suggested by Pragalbh

He also told me about the pros & cons. So kept the profile low. But after sometime I may go for the iridium one too.

BTW, let me know the brand name of iridium plugs which you used.

- - - Merged Post - - -

It's 350/- only.... surprised right :)
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rishi,

NGK is the company which has a brand called Iridum plugs which has platinium electrode, they do have other plugs which are cheaper ...

Iridum can cost about 1200-1400(for 4 )

But then the stock Cable wire give out limited voltage to the plugs which is required for functioning of Stock Plugs only, installing Iridum of Bosch 4 Electrode plugs can hardly make any difference.

If you have a nice Automobile Spare part store who Imports a lot of parts, see if can source out the Original cable for Iridum plugs, they claim about 5-7 % increase in performance and might happen if you have both the plug and the cable changed, NGK makes Spark Plugs and cables to handle the voltage demanded by the plugs so it is Gunine made for the job.

This shoud cost you about 3k-3.5k ( Plug + Cable ), so honestly stock is better :p
    1 person likes this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Stock is value for money. Why I was planning for iridium? Because of the life.

But the life is lesser compared to OEM... right. (correct me if wrong)

So planed to go for K&N filter (OEM) for life time.... whats your opinion on this????
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    On valentine day checkup, SE found the battery cells are getting weaker & weaker.
    Informed Rahul Jadhav from Pandit about the old battery issue & forwarded the mail conversation to him.

Today, I got some time to speak up with Mangesh for this issue & got the spontaneous response.
    Mangesh did a conference call with Me & Rahul Jadhav about the same & assured me for the resolution which may take some time.

Let's see how much time they are taking for resolving my ride's battery issue.....

Will post you guys once got any, +ve or -ve response.
    1 person likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Another milestone crossed....

9ajunepa.jpg

Took 2 years & 6 months. A very exiting journey till now.

Gained lots of fiat enthusiast friends. Thanks TFI for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.