1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Ride, 1.2 Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by rishike007, Dec 12, 2012.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Guys,
    After a long time I am writing again about my Ride.
    The occassion is completion of 30K km & 3rd free service.

My review is as follows;

30K servicing was done at Millenium Drive, Pune which is FIAT's first service center in India. The experience was cool all the time.
    My ride had completed this mark in one year. And guys really I enjoyed each & every kilometers I crossed.

When I left my ride for the 3rd servicing at Millenium Drive, I got the shok :eek: that the approximate estimation from SA was 13K including some accessories.

SA (Mr. Oblesh) expalin me about the 3rd servicing which is a major servicing & has to replace all oils, filters, break pads, etc. And also told me that this is the minimum.

The accessories I got are 1. Door Visor, 2. Floor mats (carpet type), 3. Neck cusion, & 4. OVRM caps painted in RED.

So I left SC with very low mood. (because of the damage to the pocket)....i.e. 12.30PM

I went to office & just sharing all with my friends who has done their 3rd or 4th servicing in SC. The quote I was got was more. Then also I tried to convince myself & my friends that this has to be done for extended warrenty.

By 5PM I got call from Mr. Oblesh that the car is ready. So I asked him about the exact figure of damage.

And guess what? The damage to the pocket was 7790/- including accessories. :dancing I was so happy & asked my why you quoted so high?

Then he explain me that they only changed all oils, filters. No break pads as that can be run till 5-6K kms. So only the servicing cost lowers down.

But when I saw my Ride with all accessories, I was stunned......

punto.jpg

The accessories was woth more than 2.5K

So arround 6K for servicing I paid which was a good deal. Means 500/month.

Also SA Mr Oblesh was good & very co-operative too.

Though they don't have C-piller fibre component (sorry for forgetting the exact name) which is broken due to speakers on parcel tray.

He assured me that the part will be coming soon & he will call back to me for the same.

Really, I had done my first & second servicing at Fortune Nerul. But the experience this time was really outstanding.

I am very satisfied with overall experience with Millenium Drive.........................

- - - Merged Post - - -

Mods: Could you please help me out for removing the odd pic from my above post?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    8 people like this.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Changing Break Fluid, Steering Oil and Coolant is not part of 3rd free service. Please check the service manual, everything is clearly mentioned in it, don't let Dealers take you for a ride.

From what i understand, they changed air, fuel, AC filters and Engine Oil which is correct and would cost between 5-6K. The rest should be for your accessories.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Cool ride. So how much did they charge for painting the mirrors red?
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congratsz rishi for the completion.
    i have keft yesterday my ride for 4th service,Mr.Oblesh came up and said me about major & minor service,i asked hime the circulation from the FIAT then he came up and shown me and he himselves found that it was minor service.Major service is all oil change (power steering,brake oil etc) minor is only engine oil change :D

the appointment was full till Dec 31st 2012,i was without appointment ,hence i requested him no problem for me if you return the car after 2 days also.lets see Pandit or Millenium ;)
    1 person likes this.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mine Grande will go for a 3rd Service by Next week
    Kms done is 12100 its Jan 2010....
    Will update on the forum soon...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Mine Grande will go for a 3rd Service by Next week
    Kms done is 12100 its Jan 2010....
    Will update on the forum soon...
    1 person likes this.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    For painting they charged me 600/-

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes he has replaced all oils & coolant also.. but didn't replaced the break pads as they can go further 5K.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yesterday while coming back from office just realised this,

IMG_1167.jpg

After 15 months & 8 days.... wow....

Enjoying my ride all the time :)
    2 people like this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I thought those mirror caps (Red) comes as plug and play spare part and one need not to get painted :confused
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes Zen these are plug & play only. But for the repainting jobs or as a new it wont came in colour. We have to buy as non coloured one then get them painted.

The cost of non coloured cap is Rs 75 only. Then the colour by your choice... :)
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Illuminated door sills for my ride......

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg
    2 people like this.