1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My REDBULL90 unleashed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by TheDrifter, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Congrats TheDrifter. Red is looks HOT. Happy 90 Puntoing !!! :)
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ srida nice to see you back to the forum. What you decided? Punt or Fab?
  3. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    @NKiran - Already bankrupt to throw a party :) - Invested on my REDBULL Shoes :) Need some time to recover ;-) , For sure will gather up for a party then :)
    @redbull - GC will be decreased by slight 4mm, which was confirmed by Xenos wheels, but again it increases stability when we go for cornering or highway cruising. We need to sacrifice GC a bit to attain best quality ride. I can say its worth the investment. I'm very much happy with my choice of shoes for my RedBull.
    @All - Thanks for all your wishes. Proud to be Punto90 owner :).
    Need some info about Trip Meter - Instant Consumption and Average Consumption. How to make sure they reflect current mileage as per my driving?
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats TheDrifter, the Punto looks awesome in exotica Red color. :)
    Take good care of this color if you employ a car wash guy to avoid swirls.
  5. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    @PaddleShifter - I dont have any professional Car washing guy to clean my car. What precautions has to be taken care off to avoid swirls? I just came home in good monsoon rain with lot of dust accumulated on it. Just scared of swirls to clean it. Have to wash it tomorrow. Drop in your valuable suggestions.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have a look at Car Care thread.
    Swirl marks are almost impossible to control. If you have covered parking, good to leave the car as it is and wash it just on weekends.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TheDrifter, there is nothing called professional car washers. A typical car washer washes about 15-20 cars daily, at least. They won't get extra for avoiding swirls. Even I don't have a car washer guy.

What you can do hesides visiting the car care thread is to follow some simple steps. Some tips:
    Make sure you use a good cloth. I find that baniyans work excellent. Preferably keep a Lux Cozi so that you are lucky and there are no swirls, lol.
    Make sure that you are pouring adequate water as you go on very gently rub off all the dirt from the car panel by panel.
    Start with roof. Keep pouring water dirwctly on the area where the baniyan is moving. Wash around 2 square feet and then clean the baniyan by pouring water over it.
    The number of swirls will keep to the minimum in this manner.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Congrats man. I wish i would have been in Hyderabad to check out the second exotica red 90hp in the battallion.

BEST OPTION: for dry dusting and cleaning JOPASU car duster... it just rockzzz.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thedrifter use microfiber cloth whenever you wash the car. Its so smooth that there are less chances of swirls. Get the Jopasu car Duster to clean the dust on the car. Dont use Micro Fiber cloth or the Baniyan to clean the car when it has dust particles on it.

Its better keep the car as it (Read Dirty/Dusty) & wash it once it weekend. I follow the same procedure. I wash my car myself. :)
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    take a soft cotton cloth, wet it, squeeze it and let it dry till it only has some moisture left (not wet at all but not completely dry). it should be such that when you wipe your car it should not leave any water trails but will only lift the dust. this gives the best shine, you do not even have to wash your car everyday. i have a 13 year old red uno and you will be surprised to see its colour. of course occasional wax goes a lot of good.