1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red wolfed Punto - 75K Kms completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ravi, Jun 4, 2010.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Ravi for 75k milestone and good to see you back on the forum. Few old timers have gone silent off late :arghh:
  2. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Ravi,

My Avventura met with a minor accident and got some scratches near the passenger side headlight. So the orange paint peeled off in some areas of the bumper.

My vehicle is due for first service (5000kms), so I have went to Vecto motors today and inquired about the repainting job.

Initially they asked me to go for full bumper re-paint and quoted 5500 for the same. But since the damage was only near the passenger side headlight, I asked them why they need to do full bumper painting.

Then they said one side can be done and it would cost 2000 - 2500 approx.

Now my question is would there be difference in the paint color between the area they are about to paint and other areas ?

Will it fade off after some time ?

Your inputs would be of great help to me. They would start the paint work tomorrow and I am expecting to take the delivery on Friday.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20160222_153244.jpg

IMG_20160222_153244.jpg

IMG_20160222_153244.jpg

IMG_20160222_153244.png

IMG_20160222_153244.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @Ravi
    You asked advice from @Ravi, but I being another Ravi (Ravi_M) am taking some liberty here.

I suggest to avoid any costly measure now, if you drive in surroundings where such rub-offs are likely. I have seen (not recently) people pasting some stickers to cover the scratched part. You may think of putting some TFI stickers there, if the bumper is structurally sound. Otherwise replacing is best, IMHO.

Ravi_M
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 24, 2016 ---
    Also some 3M treatment may be useful

Ravi_M
  4. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Ravi_M - Thanks for the suggestion.

The bumper should be structurally fine as this incident happened in my apartment parking which is quite congested and I have not driven more than 5-10 kmph when this happened.

Though this incident was purely due to my mistake, I believe in Bangalore roads nothing is in our hands when people take liberty driving in wrong directions on one-way's and so on naturally. So this may likely happen again :p

I don't want to go to the extend of replacing the part, but just wanted to ensure the paint job to be fine.

I don't want to see any visible difference in the painting. The SA assured there wont be difference in the painting, but they themselves didn't sound very confident.

Fingers crossed..
  5. Peri

Peri Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Ravi,

I bought the Punto EVO(MJD) in last May 2015. By now I crossed 18550KM and also had done 15k km service last December 2015.
    I have one doubt, In my last service they changed the oil but not the synthetic one. I am little worried that will ordinary oil is good enough till I reach 30k? It would be good if you can share your experience on this. :)
  6. AnanthaPrakash

AnanthaPrakash Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You can very well change the oil and oil filter after 7-8k in FASS or any reputed garage. Your Avvy will thank you for that and show her love through very less NVH from engine compartment.
    Raguraman likes this.
  7. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi,

Could you post your experience with the painting works at Vecto, I am planning to take my ride to them for some minor painting work as well.

Thanks in advance.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There is always a risk of very slight mismatch which will be caught by the trained eye. For most laymen unless they see it closely telling a difference in partial paint can be difficult. If you are paying cash and not claiming insurance do negotiate further but get the full bumper painted. Remember a fresh paint will always look slightly more saturated till sun's UV and atmosphere dulls it making the difference too hard to notice.
    naruf1 likes this.
  9. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Ravi
    Congratulations for happy 75K miles.
  10. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @naruf1 - I am happy with the paint job done at Vecto motors. I didn't get the complete bumper re-painted, only 1 side of the bumper was painted. I couldn't notice any difference till now.
    asimpleson and naruf1 like this.