1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red wolfed Punto - 75K Kms completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ravi, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Yes, but looking at the pictures since the front bumper is not touched at all, damaged radiator will be far from assumption. The front bumper does have scratches which will need touchup.

@Ravi
    I am curious to know how the bonnet took the hit and the front bumper didn't.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Actually, Ganges there is an excellent plastic weld technique available and used quite frequently in the west even for repairs, just that here many dealers or shops don't bother. I am not very convinced with the stitch and filler technique used by road side denter/painters. I will post a video later in some thread if you are interested in watching the same.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2015 ---
    Look near the headlights, bumper is deformed. Not that it cannot be salvaged, but I think dealership will try claiming replacement.
    Ganges likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah, though it was not much when I visited. I handed over to Vecto.

Yes, bonnet and one headlight is gone. Other headlight has minor crack as well.
    And why would I stop Safari? It was my fault. For my luck, he didn't stop :).

Yes, since Thursday is holiday, so by Friday or Saturday, I should get it back. Yes damages looked to be all outside.

Yes asked for bonnet replacement and of course I am using Insurance. Let's see how much bill it comes out to be.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur, fibre parts often get momentarily deformed and come back to shape immediately after the hit. in this case looks like upper part of the bumper has taken a hit ( the multijet logo also has some scratches). However I guess radiator should not have taken an impact.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It has not impacted radiator or any interior part. The one metal portion which holds front bumper was mis-aligned, they will check if any damage there.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That's tough luck Ravi. Guess, you work at Eco Space right? Every evening I pass through it, I know how frustrating traffic scene is over there and plenty of chances for a mishap. Hope your Punto is back to glory soon
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I work at EGL, Domlur.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got my car back on Monday, yes it took 1 week :(.

The work done is pretty good by Vecto. Total cost - 21000, I had to pay 8000 and remaining from Insurance.
    Bonnet, Bumper, both front headlights were replaced, apart from some other fixes..

Best thing that they pasted my front TFI sticker, after bonnet change :).

image.jpeg
    nkrishnap and ghodlur like this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Glad that the car is back. Did you spot any paint matching or any issues with the quality of paint work?
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Paint work is pretty good, but since now I know how to check, I can tell that bonnet is repainted :).