1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red wolfed Punto - 75K Kms completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ravi, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: 10 Months - 10K KM Completed.

Thanks.

Yes that is the next thing to do, but not immediately.
  2. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Forgot to add (Even i was not aware initially)
    7. Underbody treatment (Not much details about which company's treatment they have done :mrgreen: )

Got it fixed today. Spare (Rear Fog Lamp) was available and they fixed it in 15-20 mins. Cost - Rs. 725 including tax.
    What i saw is that the bumper is made of fiber (no metal). The hook which holds the rear lamp is so weak, that it will break even on small impact. Perfect solution is to complete change the rear bumper :mrgreen: . But they did some DIY job and its ok.
  3. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Gud to hear that it is fixed.
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

good it was not major..
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yesrterday, My Punto completed one year.
    Driven 12000 KM, without any issues. Heck mine is June'2009 make, I didn't have any (so famous) niggling issues. Everything is at its place and functioning properly.

The 2nd servicing is due now, will go to service center next week.

I took it to long drive to celebrate its b'day. 750 KM, from Bangalore-Chennai, to-&-fro. :dancing

PB010015.JPG
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Your Punto had to work overtime on her first birthday!
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Right way to celebrate a diesel, I say, take her for a spin! Many more healthy and niggle free years to your Punto.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I touched 160kmph couple of times in my recent chennai visit.
    I was very comfortable till 140, but after that i was not feeling very comfortable. No issue with the car, but my driving skill ::D .

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2nd Servicing done

Even the ODO reading is ~12K, since one year was over, 2nd servicing was due and it was done last week.
    Service cost was ~5K.

No issues till now.

You might be aware, some Puntos/Lineas has issues with seat height adjuster mechanism. These issues were rectified in new cars, though I didn't had any issue with that, but since it was old model with old mechanism, they changed it under warranty with 2nd servicing. :up

The car became more silent, may be because new filters (air/fuel etc..) and engine oil change.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: My Red Punto Emotion - 15K running report

My rear wiper was broken (probably by cleaning guy). Got it replaced @ Rs.355.
    I asked i am feeling some less acceleration (even I don't know true or not ::D ). They have cleaned turbocooler. And I feel now my car is running like new one :dancing .

It took one day (I couldn't wait, so collected it next day), so washing and interior cleaning is free. I appreciate concorde,they never handed over me my car not cleaned. It was always cleaned in and out. All plastics are shining (don't know what they apply).