1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red wolfed Punto - 75K Kms completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ravi, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ravi how bad was your clutch ? Were you finding it difficult in engaging gears ? For me after all fluid change itself the clutch became very light & slotting gears became much easier.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Clutch was hard from quite sometime, so decided to get it changed. Current clutch was used for 50+K km. Even gear was hard.
    Now both seems fine.

But yes, I could have tried your approach first :).

Actually I was thinking to do either clutch or timing chain replaced. They checked timing chain (sound) and since it is 76HP, they recomended to leave timing chain for now. I will get that replaced may be in next service.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Ravi, that sound from timing chain (if at all it comes) comes only during cold starts! their recommendation can be trusted only if they checked during cold start.
    2 people like this.
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Few updates, just to keep thread alive. Car became bit boring, running normally :).
    - The ciggy lighter is not working, fuse might have gone.
    - Rear wiper arm and its clip broken, and loose. Need replacement soon.
    - Small side indicator near front left gate has come out (not sure how) and hanging in morning. Just pushed it, but needs to be fixed it properly.
    - Some noise in front suspension has come again.

Looks need to visit FASC soon.

Adding a pic, to feel good. :).

DSC_0042.jpg
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sorry to hijack your thread Ravi. I got my timing chain replaced last Saturday and the symptom was same as Shams suggested. It is hard to diagonise timing chain noise during a routine check up unless the chain is in real bad condition. You actually get to hear that sound only on a cold start & maybe for 2-3 secs max. So if the sound is there, then look no further & get the timing chain & the associated parts replaced at the earliest & make sure you change the oil & oil filter too along with this.

Cinju
    2 people like this.
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Cinju. Mine is just 58K km run and no sound as of now. Will get it replaced in next servicing.
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got one SMS from Vecto, that they are doing free check-up camp on this weekend, 26th and 27th.
    So going on Sunday, 27th, to get above fixed.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Visited Vecto on Sunday morning, and got all small items resoved, costed ~900.
    - The ciggy lighter is not working, fuse might have gone. - Fuses are fine, need to buy a new lighter :).
    - Rear wiper arm and its clip broken, and loose. Need replacement soon. - Replaced.
    - Small side indicator near front left gate has come out (not sure how) and hanging in morning. Just pushed it, but needs to be fixed it properly. Lock was broken, so they fixed a new one, costed ~125.

One interesting observation they made in check-up, Clucth is hard and need replacement. I just replaced it coupe of months back :eek:. They agreed to check and replace again under warranty :D. Taken appointment for 9th Aug.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Few old pictures, missing from my ownership thread. Thanks to Karthik for beautiful pics.

IMG_6674fcb.jpg

IMG_6763fcb.jpg

IMG_6824fcb.jpg
    rejin_r, prabhjot, mchanna and 7 others like this.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This front suspension noise was long pending item left, on issue less car.
    Finally got it done yesterday. Lots of items were replaced, Swinging Arms, Torsion Bar, elastic pads etc. Parts details here - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fia...no-queries-please.2870/page-13#post-841912422.

Apart from this, got EGR, Manifold and MAF sensor cleaned at Vecto. Car is breathing nice, less smoke. Convincing to do this took some effort, as it is not Fiat recommended item, and very labour intensive task. Overall, very happy with service experience at Vecto.

Customary Pic of my Punto, nearing 5 years, on 18th Aug. Was thinking to replace all tyres, 45K+ KMs old, but will postpone for few months, suspension work felt more important to me.

Punto.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.