1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red wolfed Punto - 75K Kms completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ravi, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Labour charges are over the roof, may be Vecto wants to get break even in six months before other FASC becomes operational.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Please share details when you get this issue fixed. I am getting the same squeaking noise. The noise seems to be from some rubber bush or something on the clutch pedal.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams,
    my ride is 2 years old now,so no warranty scheme :(
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

can fiat trace if we get the work done from outside/unauthorised dealers?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think if you don't replace any unauthorized parts, its difficult to trace.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    If parts are replaced only then there is a chance otherwise they cannot trace it.
    Eg:: If you get a UFI filter from outside and fit it there is no way they can trace that, because they use UFI as well.
    Unless your service receipt differs from your car's condition its very difficult to find out outside work
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

For eg:
    if i buy clutch disk from 99rpm and get the installation done from an unauthorised service center.. will fiat be able to trace this out..?
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    It might not be traceable if its a genuine fiat part only. I'm not sure what are all listed on the parts. If its only the FIAT part number then i think its impossible to trace. But if the parts have other details like manufacture date and other things and you get a really picky technician to open up your car then you might be caught.

But that's a long shot to be honest.
    When you go for a warranty claim for say AC malfunction , why would anyone open up clutch assy and reject your claim ?? that would be silly :evilsmile
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think better to stick to FASC, in warranty/ext. warranty periods. Then one can play around with outside mechanic.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I dont think they can trace, if you use the Genuine FIAT Spares, Unless some alteration or modification is done for the part.

My Clutch Save Cylider (Plastic) gave up his life in Jan 2013, the Punto has done 14500 kms its 2010 model. Checked with the Fortune (nerul) they said they are loaded up with cars till one week more, As i dont wanna keep my Punto in their Open Yard. So just got the part from them and changed in my Cousins workshop at Kharghar.

I Think FIAT Should give Preference for the Breakdown cars....
    Last edited: May 18, 2013