1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red wolfed Punto - 75K Kms completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ravi, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I booked my car from Concorde motors, Bangalore in July and finally got the delivery on 19 August.

Exotica Red - MJD - Emotion

Offers/Freebies Received
    1. Corp Discount - 6K
    2. Sunfilm - Llumar (CR20- Silver series)
    3. Perfume and Ganesha Idol
    4. Temperory Mats + Original Mat after 2 months
    5. Mud Flap
    6. Body Cover

Buying Experience
    I was looking for a decent hatchback, being my first car.
    Initially i was interested in Swift Diesel, but somehow i started looking for other option because of its space inside and lack of features.
    I did like the i20, but it didn't look like VFM.

Then Punto got launched, and ever since Linea came to market, i was waiting to see Punto before making my final decision.
    Went to Prerna Motors, just after launch.. Me and my wife both loved the car in first look..
    Taking final decision didn't take much time..
    Asked Prerna Motors, though they did showed interest, they were not ready to give any discounts/offers.

Now its July..Went to Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle..They gave offers, as i mentioned earlier, basic accessories, Sun Film and Body Cover. So finally made the booking on 12-July and started dreaming about the car!!!
    Then came the pain, SBI took 25 days to approve the loan, with multiple visits to their office and follow-ups.. Finally they approved the loan on 5-Aug. The dealer gave me the date of 18-Aug for delivery, but it was changed to 19-Aug. I did some PDI on 18-Aug and gave green signal for registration.

Went at aroung 11 AM to showroom..Car was getting ready...all the paper works done by around 1 PM.
    Car came outside, dealer did arrange for Puja..sales guy explained the features and other details and now it was around 2PM.
    I took the key and drove away.. hurrahh The beauty was in my hand finally...

So overall buying experience was good, with some delays.. but i was happy..

More Updates to follow soon - :)

P2190018.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: 10 Months - 10K KM Completed.

great going buddy
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Must admit you got deals along with your car. Hey I loved ur first pic. I don't why but I really feel attached with the emotion of having new car in life. That moment is really unforgettable. Good going buddy!
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

I Second you on that Grandeur...:) its an amazing feeling when you get your new car and especially when its a PUNTO.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

This is my favorite, why because this is the first picture i took of my beauty.

1_P1010018-2.JPG
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

:clap And the writing on the wall behind is valid for you as well.
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Today morning, adding to monday blues. one bike slammed my beauty's back. :A
    My car was standing and I don't know what happend to that bugger, he just came and bang :hit .

Nothing major happend, just the right back lamp cover (in bumper) got broken, but i can see bulb is intact. Any idea how much that cost?
  8. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Ah...it hurts!
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Same kind of impact happened to my Punto too some weeks ago and the reverse lamp fitting got shattered but it is still in place and illuminating the backside pretty well . The lamp is well below vision point and since it is still functioning and not rattling I have left it alone to tackle another day :)

Abdul
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

Nice review Ravi !!

Any plans of shifting to alloys ?