1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Turbothinghy

@pabhishek 's advice is correct I feel: the whole configuration is designed for 'long-armed' driving, with the seat set well back. Try that if you haven't already, maybe you'll find the sweet spot. Also, do consider using a small firm cushion for the lower back?
    Turbothinghy and pabhishek like this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @pabhishek : Even i have been trying to sit in a way that my head touches the head restraint but have not been successful. Would having a neck cushion help?
    Will try again following all your pointers. Thanks:)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 11, 2015 ---
    One thing that I can understand/find in common is that pushing the seat back makes the seating position better, maybe that's how is meant to be. So do Italians have long arms and short legs when compared to us :rolleyes:
    --- Double Post Merged, May 11, 2015 ---
    OT: nowadays I am facing this problem with blue and me calling feature. If my phone is connected to aux/blue and me socket with the Bluetooth paired and then when I try to call someone using my steering controls I can't hear anything even though the call is connected..I need to disconnect the phone from the wire and then I can hear and talk..has anyone faced this issue?
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    pabhishek likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Turbothinghy

Ha, No, what is apparent if you go say to the Middle East Arab countries is the long armed, elbow unbent, 'regal' resting back driving posture, it is very common in North India too at least. Apparently, that's the dominant style of driving posture in Italy too, from what i read and have been told by friends who've been there.

But seriously it is just a function of body type too: many people don't even notice the steering and seating position issue that bothers some others so much about the Punto. Just part of the ergonomic layout they've chosen, given the absense for cost reasons of the European telescopic steering that is available there. The Fiat 500 has this same 'issue' for some folks too, but that hasn't stopped lakhs of owners from enjoying their 500-s all over Europe, America (esp California), LatAm, Turkey, China, Australia etc.

I suspect your Blue &Me issue is not a defect, it may be a design limitation. It works best, excellently in my case, to have your music on a usb pendrive while your phone is paired via bluetooth, both easily controlled via the steering wheel buttons. I could be wrong. Will be keen to hear what your final conclusion on the matter is. Keep it simple i say:): seperate the two, the music on pendrive from the bluetooth phonebook etc. Works like a charm then.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I agree that it's not an issue for a lot of Punto buyers. I just hope I get used to the Punto ergonomics asap.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 12, 2015 ---
    Well it was working well before. I have a 64 GB iPhone and hence thought that I wouldn't require an usb for songs. Let me check with AS.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy and @prabhjot : have a query. does the "H" mark show up on MID in PuntoEvo as well? i was going through the PDI checklist in the forum which is quite old, so just wanted to check on this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yup @Deepak: it does for the first 200 kms. I had it in my Punto evo with 58 kms when I took the delivery.
    Deepak likes this.
  7. sidnaique

sidnaique Timido

Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hey @Turbothinghy since we both own 90hp punto evo and bought in the same month, thought this might get you excited a bit ;-)
    Went on a drive today early morning(6:30am) only to check the highway mileage. When I decided to turn around at around 60kms, I checked the TripA Average Consumption. Man! you will not believe this... I got 23.4km/l. This was in Maharashtra somewhere across the border. When I reached back to Goa it was rush hours already but I ended my trip of 124Kms with an average consumption of 21.6Km/L.
    Man, I am so happy with my car :) Its been a month and two weeks since I bought it and my office is just 1km away from my home. But I have driven 4600kms in just 44days!
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Those are excellent FE figures @sidnaique :) I am not getting these stellar figures but still I am managing 14-16 km/ltr in city with ac and I am really happy to drive my beauty.
    I travel for 40 kms daily. You are nearing your first service check up. The only problem I am facing is with my seating position. Now I am considering some lumbar support cushion for lower back.
    Enjoy driving your beauty :)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 14, 2015 ---
    @prabhjot : now I am seriously considering getting some lumbar support cushion as I am still unable to find a good driving position. What do you think about this :
    http://www.ebay.in/itm/191562760360?_trksid=p2059707.m2929.l5391&redirect=mobile

Also that blue and me thing is working like charm now so I guess it's not a limitation :smuggrin:
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Was waiting at a traffic light yesterday while going to office listening to some pink Floyd numbers...and then thought it was a nice time to capture 2222..

image.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Turbothinghy, 16.2 on a Red Punto is not bad, man. Hope you find a comfortable driving position. Cheers!
    Deepak likes this.