1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    In that case can you please guide me?
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys I am planning to go to 3M for some car detailing work. Please suggest me what all should I get done.

Things that I have thought of :

1) sun film under RTO limits.
    2) black carbon fibre on the pillars

Things that I dont want to get done now:
    1) under body coat : the car is too new. Plan to get it done after 1-2 years. Or is it required?
    2) engine body coat : don't know if it's required.
    3) paint protection coat: don't think it's necessary for a new car. Your thought please on this.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @Turbothinghy ..
    I think Sun film & carbon fibre film is fine. If you are maintaining your car with regular wash & waxing once in a while no need of paint protection for a while. It all boils down to that.
    NO for engine body coat / under body coat.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    There is no such thing called r t o approved sun films so better stay away from sun films for your car.
    punto_emotion likes this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Is it ? ;) I thought 80% visibility sun films are approved by the RTO. Will check on that.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    FIAT cars already have 30% tint from factory so putting 80% transperent film will not make any sense.

There is marking for 70% visibility on side window glass. Do check.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My Punto completed 2000 kms today in 1 month 7 days. Didn't expect it to complete it so fast :)

Did a small early morning road trip with friends around Pune and it was amazing to drive yet again. There were seven of us and there were two cars, my 90 hp and friend's swift zxi.
    I feel now I am getting to understand the car a lot better. The 4th gear has amazing pulling power.

The only problem is with my seating position. I have still not been able to find a good seating position :( don't know what am I missing. I have tried a lot of permutation and combination using the seat height and steering height adjust along with moving the seat back and forth but still I get back aches mainly the lower back area. I am 5'9" and I recline the seat to around 110 degrees and seat height of +1. Can anyone throw some pointers so as to how to get a proper pain free sitting posture?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Turbothinghy , beautiful pics there. congrats for 2k kms.

Regarding seat height, I am 5'7" and i keep the seat angle to almost 100 degree, so that my seating position is almost upright and just a slight tilt. It should be in a way that your back of head should touch the head restraints without tilting your head back much.

Once you are sorted with this, regarding space between the steering and body, your cuff area should touch the top of steering wheel when you keep your hand straight in sitting position, small to and fro movement can be done as per your convenience after following this.

Hope it helps.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @turbothingy
    i'm 6.1` my seating is very much comfortable, after research of 10K Kms of running.i dont prefer seat height adjustment at all and not required too.Will push the seat almost back and from back into second slot.Steering always upright.Seat angle slightly tilt(Due to my tummy, i have more tilt :D ).Suggest you to try this.
    kedarbendre and Turbothinghy like this.
  10. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    I am 6 feet tall and initially I had problems too but now I push the seat all the way back to last but one position, seat height at the topmost position and recline angle at around 110 and it suits me well. You can do some trial and error around these positions.
    Turbothinghy likes this.