1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Nope. I work at Magarpatta City. It might me some one else's Evo :shame:
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I sometime feel that we fiat devotees should come up with a business model and present it in front of fiat authorities/officials and tell them how to market and build the fiat brand in front of the whole Indian crowd. It makes sense because people in India in general aren't well aware of the auto scene in India and mostly trust mouth to mouth publicity before deciding a car to buy.

I am so happy driving my 90 hp and this satisfaction just gets on getting better day by day. Clearly fiat deserves a better position in front of manufactures such as Honda, Toyota, volkswagen etc. I am sure a lot of Indians would not even know that Fiat is an Italian company. They trust volkwagen thanks to their publicity and marketing but we as fiat enthusiasts should help fiat attain it's position that it deserves in the Indian market. What say?
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone. I had another mumbai pune trip today. It was again great driving my beauty and this time I drove at 150 km/hr for a couple of minutes and overtook few cars :smuggrin:. Got an overall 17 km/ltr. The stability was again great and my wife once thought that I was driving at 60-70 kn/hr when I was driving at 110:rolleyes:

But something happened when I started from Mumbai. I started the car and it didn't start and the MID went blank. I started again and this time it started but all the trip settings got reset including the date and time. I had to set time and date again. Can anyone throw some light on this:(
  4. pegasusss

pegasusss Timido

Pune
    pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy Many congratulations bro :) I have the same Red beauty and trust me you will keep falling in love with it again and again every time you drive :) Clocked nearly 1300 kms in 2 weeks and it doesn't let me sit at home on weekends...

I also faced the similar issue where engine won't start at all. I was worried and called Pandit auto workshop and they promptly sent a technician with a mechanic. Luckily it was a minor problem which I could have identified myself but I couldn't think in that direction at all. The culprit was a loose battery connection.

I am not sure whether you have the same problem but no harm in checking it :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2015 ---
    @platinumshine Not sure but you might have seen my Italian babe as I work at EON and I drove to work on Friday morning... :)
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    prabhjot and platinumshine like this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Can't agree more dude. I have Clocked 1500 kms in 4 weeks and now that I have got a great seating position as well so now the drive has become even more interesting :)
    Regarding the engine thing it was just once that it didn't start and somehow the trips got reset. The next time I started it got going without any problem but I had to set date and time again :happy:

Today I had a lot of work at office so I got late and reached home at around midnight. The drive was so soothing that I felt as if I could drive and drive for long. The climate was pleasant and I didn't put on the ac and boy I got >20 km/hr as fuel efficiency.Agreed that the traffic was quite less but then I was also not light on my foot. It was one of the best drives I have ever had even though it was just worth 20 kms.As fiat had rightly put ' If you still like driving. We are still ahead. A person who loves driving doesn't always want to go fast, or far. He just wants to enjoy the drive.'
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 30, 2015 ---
    @pegasusss : Bro did you buy your beauty on 10th April. Actually I had seen a red 90 hp for delivery when I had gone to Pandit Auto to collect my number plate as RTO had released the number an evening before only.
    Ignore of its not you ;)
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  6. pegasusss

pegasusss Timido

Pune
    pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    >20 km/l that's awesome man. I have heard people getting 20+ continuously after 5k on the odo.

And yes, I got the delivery on 10th April from Pandit. I think I also saw a red 90 hp parked there and I recall it had a teambhp or teamfiat sticker at back. was that yours?
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yup. That was me :D Regarding thr fuel efficiency , even I have experienced a gradual increase in the fuel efficiency , at least by going by MID.
    I travel from Aundh to Magarpatta (20 kms one way) and earlier the i was getting around 12-12.5 km/ltr with full AC while going to office. Now I easily manage between 14-15 in the same scenario.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Your battery's negative terminal is loosely fit. That caused the trip meter reset and the temporary black out.
    platinumshine and Turbothinghy like this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks DRIV3R. Will definitely get it checked at the workshop in the coming weekend.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Its a DIY, no need to visit workshop specifically for this reason unless you have other issues to be sorted out at the workshop.