1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Kedar. Would love to be a part of the next meet :)
    kedarbendre likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ok guys a question? I got nitrogen filed in my evo 's tyres this Monday and I am going on a small day trip tomorrow that should be around 300 kms. Should I refil before leaving? Otherwise when should I refil?
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    No need. Tyre pressure retains much longer with nitrogen.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My Scintillator visited the workshop for the first time. I realized that the centre top grill that houses the main ac vents wasn't fixed properly on the right side. It's a manufacturing defect. They tried to remove it and fix it again but that was of no help. So now they are going to replace it with a new unit. They have ordered it and asked me to come in 2 days.

After that we left for a short trip to Lavasa. Loved driving the 90 hp on the ghat roads filled withg hair pin bends and twisties. Felt some body roll when doing corners at high speed but everything was under control all the time. The stats are as follows :

Total kms: 130
    Total travel time : 3:15 hours
    Fuel efficiency : 14.4 km/hr
    Average speed: 38 km/hr

While going to Lavasa had full ac on and the traffic was also there. Returning was a breeze though as there wasn't much traffic. Felt the engine response a lot better without AC. Was driving on higher RPMS(above 2000 RPM and not exceeding 3000 RPM) and upshifting at 2500 RPM. Enjoyed it and felt as if was driving a sports car.

BTW at what RPMs one should operate at ghat roads ?

image.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 19, 2015 ---
    Some more pics :happy: image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2015 ---
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2015 ---
    2 more Pics :D

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maintaining the momentum is the key while driving in ghats to avoid engine stalling / lugging. To achieve this, I always prefer to be in turbo zone while climbing up by shifting at slightly higher RPMs than I do on a level highway (so that engine revvs stay at turbo band even after the shift). With Fiat's driving dynamics, it helps to take corners at good momentum and its so much easier to climb up.

And golden rule to be followed while descending the ghats - a big NO NO for driving the car in neutral gear position. Ideally it should be in the same gear as you climb up. This keeps the car under driver's command.
  6. sidnaique

sidnaique Timido

Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy My mats arrived today. They are quite sturdy and waterproof... the quality is good. The shape however is not so accurate, especially for the rear ones. Their '3D Shape' doesn't match so accurately and that's probably because they are designed for old punto. Also the 3D shape of my mats was flattened :banghead: Probably in the storage. I had to reshape it a bit.
    If slight mismatch is not a major concern for you, then these are good.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Sid for the feedback. I always thought that the internal dimensions wouldnt have changed o_O Good quality is the saving grace. Let me see if I can get hold of something better otherwise would go with this only.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2015 ---
    Thanks @punto_emotion for answering my question. My thinking was on the same lines. I was upshifting at >=2500 RPM when normally on plain roads I do it around 2000-2100 RPM.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Today my scintillator completed the first milestone of 1000 kms :)
    image.jpg image.jpg

As my Punto is munching kilometres I get a feeling that it's understanding my driving style to the extent that I can say that TURBO LAG isn't a problem anymore :joyful:
    It now drives like a NA petrol engine even in the lower RPMS :smuggrin:
    Deepak likes this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    congrats. turbo lag is never a problem. its just over exaggerated.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Just 30 min ago I was following a smashing red haute gorgeous 90 Evo, into Eon Park!! it looked absolutely stunning and I loved the alloys too. was that you @Turbothinghy ? Many congrats !