1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @sidnaique

You can do that sort of thing all day long on your verdant, happy roads in Goa, but a visit to say Mumbai or Delhi will teach a further thing or two about gear shifting@rpm@speeds on this or any other car!;)

@Turbothinghy

The rubbish about its supposed lag is perpetuated by boy-racer types (i.e., many juvenile if now aged auto 'journalists') who don't get the basics of engineering and gearing on a small-displacement turbo diesel, and on a solid heavy car like this Fiat. The initial gearing is short PRECISELY to overcome turbolag, on the assumption that one is in moderate to heavy traffic, and also in order to ensure (a) better fuel efficiency and of course (b)without compromising mid-range and tope-end, higher speed/higher gear performance (eg on highways).

PS: i dearly hope the Evo, Avventura and perhaps even the Linea diesels get the Dualogic amt clutch actuator/'automatic' they are already supplying Tata and Maruti. Soon enough?
    sidnaique and Turbothinghy like this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Agreed. Driving in Delhi is a task in itself specially at the peak office hours. I used to drive from Dwarka to Noida when I was working there, covering a total of 86 kms everyday :rolleyes:. And IMO Mumbai is even worse as the traffic is always slow there.
    And as far as the lag is concerned I dont feel that it hampers the drivability a lot and both your points do make sense.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. sidnaique

sidnaique Timido

Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    hahaha :joyful: Sorry if I sounded spoilt by Goan roads. Just too happy with the new car and the whole experience :). I can't imagine what you guys go through on daily basis...
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Same here Bro. It's just an awesome machine and today I convinced one more person who had booked i20 active to go for Punto 90 hp. He had taken a test drive of 90 hp but was in a dilemma :happy:
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 16, 2015 ---
    I can just drool on this beauty forever.
    Touch wood :)

image.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 16, 2015 ---
    Punto abarth might launch this year :
    http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-755408
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 17, 2015 ---
    Punto abarth might launch this year :
    http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-755408

This would be a treat for petrol heads and enthusiasts though should cost a fair bit. 135 bhp :cigar:
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  5. sidnaique

sidnaique Timido

Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  6. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : door handle on red 90 hp is Black ? i thought its chrome color.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Great :) Will wait till I get a feedback from you.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 17, 2015 ---
    Its chrome indeed but I guess my iphone encountered some reflection issues while taking the pic at night :joyful:
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Turbothinghy congratulations for new 90HP and I am in love with Red Punto Evo. Looks killer.

Hope to see you in Pune Team FIAT meets in future.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @kedarbendre : nice to know u own two incredible handling machines.
    1. Apached RTR
    2. Fiat Punto!
    kedarbendre and prabhjot like this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Deepak you missed the masterpiece Palio S10. :)