1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  2. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    me too :p

3. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : got a reply from MH that price would be 28k. its way overpriced in india :)

4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    yes that's too steep which is because it's imported. If someone is coming from Europe then we can get a good deal

5. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Hi, i am planning to get my Linea 90hp MJD remapped with Viezu Bangalore. I am totally in confusion b/w the 20hp increase and the race version(30hp). My prime reason to get it remapped was to improve the low end torque especially with AC on . I Just need to have less number of gear shifts in city limits and need a punchy highway ride, though i never cross 110-120kmph on highways ;-) .Please help me in selecting the best one.

The main confusion was that , the TOT is ready to give me 28hp increase with no mechanical changed needed. On the other hand ,viezu say that its important to get the mechanical changes(free flow exhaust,intercoolers ) done for 30hp remap. The 20hp remap needs no mechanical changes according to Viezu . Why is this discrepancy when the difference is of only 2hp ?? My friend suggested to go for 30hp viezu and keep the stock mechanics only. What happens if i don't get the stock mechanics changed while opting for 30hp remap? To my assumption it should not hamper the engine, as TOT was ready to install it on stock mechanics itself. Kindly guide me gurus.

6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My map is the performance map which should be increasing power and torque by 20%. Getting 30% power gains just with software tweak seems dicy to me. TOT might have the most powerful tune available for the 90 HP. There is a good review of a TOT remapped Punto 90 HP in tbhp. You can read it there.

I got my ride remapped for better low end performance, better drive-ability and a slightly better mid-range(which is already quite punchy in stock form). My punto was provided with more power in the 1200-2500 RPM range and I told them to not touch the top-end. This increase in power and torque can also be seen at 2500+ RPMs (as a constant gain over the stock map) though and the engine has become a lot smoother and free-revving. I would again say that the map provided by Viezu isnt a very aggressive map but it definitely suits my usage as I love to do WOT sessions on the highway. Also, you can tell them your priorities as to at which RPMs you want power bump. Cheers!

Keep us informed.

7. Barani

Barani Amatore

SG / Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi,

Check for abarth punto suspension as well.IMO it is really good and takes on bad roads well and with good ride experience.

For remap,only dyno can provide some useful comparison otherwise just we can only experience it's acceleration.

8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have got my Punto dynod some months back from KS motorsports, Mumbai 5-6 months back but didn't share as it was flawed. Even for stock Punto it was showing wrong values specially for torque. The power figures were 96-97 bhp at wheels post remap and 84 bhp at wheels before remap.

Regarding the abarth suspension, it's no different from the normal Evo as far as ride height is concerned. It's only that the springs in the abarth are stiffer, albeit same height and the overall sump is lower which reduces the gc.

9. Barani

Barani Amatore

SG / Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    @Turbothinghy

Good to know you atempted for dyno.
    But as along we are happy and able to realize the acceleration at least I am happy.

Definitely compared to linea the suspension setup or tuning is different for abarth.FASS guys told linea and punto all have same suspension as I was curious to replace my linea with abarth suspension.
    Will check if it is only springs or complete setup.
    Thanks

Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    From what I know only the springs are stiffer in the abarth viz v Evo but they have the same height. As the sump is lower in the abarth, it makes it closer to the center of gravity and hence you might be feeling the difference. The shocks are identical in both.

@Barani