1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Welcome to Bangalore @Turbothinghy ..Must say you have chosen awesome places during monsoon. Have you done any itinerary or yet to plan the places?

2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys after yeterday's jump start the car is behaving fine and there havent been any problems in cranking the car. This means that the alternator is in good shape as its able to retain the charge in the battery. Still need to get the battery checked which should be done during this week.

Thanks @kishorekrs . Well we still need to make the bookings which would be done within a week given that its not an extended weekend. We mght not be able to cover both the places, but yes either of it is definitely on the cards. Which place would you recommend between Coorg and Wayanad?

kishorekrs likes this.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Both are blissful places. They offer excellent scenic beauty but I personally suggest wayanad over coorg as the number of places to visit is more in wayanad. By the way I'm visiting coorg by last week of this month on the eve of anniversary celebrations!!

Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thats great to know. Let us know how was Coorg with some beautiful pics of your Punto amongst hills and clouds :D

Deepak and kishorekrs like this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : Coorg/wayanad both are nice places. You can pick any. In coorg you can do river rafting and elephant ride. but in wayand its more like nature watching.
    Let me know when exactly you are coming to bangalore. I am also taking first two week off in July. We can meet up if i happen to be in Bangalore. :)

Turbothinghy likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So last to last weekend with some colleagues did a trekking trip which was around 60 kms from my home. The destination was Devkund waterfall, around 25 kms from Tahmini ghat. The ride was great and included twisties as well. The car was packed with 5 adults onboard and some luggage.

The trek was 2-2.5 hrs per way and in between there were some river crossings as well which made the trek thrilling. The local people arranged ropes and made the river crossing possible. Devkund waterfall seems to be a virgin waterfall which got famous this year only so it wasn't much crowded which worked in our favor. I don't have pics as the phone on which the pics were snapped got water in the motherboard. This is the only pic I have taken at the destination :

As usual my Scintillator performed brilliantly through the ghats and the 2 lane roads with full load.

IMG_1588.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 9, 2017 ---
    Today it was time to give a wash wax session before leaving for Bangalore + Coorg on 13th. The bonnet and some parts of the roof were feeling a little rough to touch. So this is what I did :
    1) Washed the car.
    2) Used TRIX ( tar and iron remover)
    3) Washed again.
    4) Waxed.

The roughness now has vanished .I would leave the pictures do the talking :

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG
    On a different note I am trying my best to source the following from Europe :

1) Eibach pro lowering Springs. This would reduce the car by 25mm in front and rear and would reduce the body roll at corners. It can be installed on abarth as well but for diesel Punto is sounds better as it would still have a decent gc, something around 160 mm. This will also aid to better wheel arc coverage. These work perfectly with the stock shocks.

2) The abarth rear and front badges.

I have sourced the following from USA through my parents who are currently there :

IMG_1605.PNG

IMG_1606.PNG

IMG_1606.PNG
    Following is what I have sourced from USA:

1) Collinite 476 that is available in India for 3k while I am getting it for Rs 1.3k only. This wax has got brilliant reviews across the world and it is meant to be applied only twice a year and it creates a brilliant platform. I would keep using the Formula 1 wax over it though.

2) TPMS : Ordered this one as it had great reviews and is of solar type which means that I won't have to plug in to the cig lighter socket all the time.

3) All purpose cleaner and interior trim detailer.

I would be able to get hold of these items only after a month though.

IMG_1541.PNG

IMG_1540.PNG

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    mchanna, varunrtr, Deepak and 6 others like this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy eibach pro kit will be interesting one. How will be the ride compared to the stock? will the under body touch speed breaker on full load?
    how are you sourcing from Europe? Ebay?
    i found this online:
    https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/eibach-pro-kit-springs/fiat/grande-punto.html
    hope both are same. Just wondering how to choose the right spring kit for our evo. Please let me know if you have more insight :)
    Also, replacing the springs is enough ? shocks dont need a replacement?

9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The ride would definitely be stiffer but not uncomfortable. I mean in the lower speeds it will be stiff but with speed the ride would be super flat. The Eiback Pro series can be used with OEM shocks. Having said that, Bilstien B6 shocks paired with the Eibach Pro springs would be the best bet. But then it would require a lot more money :D.Eiback Sportlines are proper sport springs that lower the car by 45mm and require performance shocks as well.

The underbody should not touch the speed breakers as even after the drop the GC would stand at a decent 160 mm (Jetta had 158mm) and the fact that the springs would be stiffer than the stock ones. Yes for extremely big speed breakers one will definitely have to be more careful, specially with the full load. But in return one would get brilliant handling around corners without affecting ride too much.

The correct part no that can be used in Grande Punto/ Evo 1.3 and 1.4 T-JET is E10-30-010-02-22. The one you have mentioned in the above link is E10-30-010-01-22 which is compatible with Punto 1.2, 1.4.

Regarding sourcing I am trying it to procure from Sweden where some of my relatives are presently residing. Lets see. If this doesnt materialise then I will have to look out for someone who can get it from Germany/Europe. I dont want to import it and pay extra 10 grands.

mchanna likes this.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP