1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Always ready to pose. A tired day in office gets converted to a beautiful night after seeing my beauty :D(touchwood):

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

2. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Its so true @Turbothinghy ...many times it has worked for me too. :smuggrin:

Those frustrating moments at office will turnover to be a soothing moment the moment I see her. It kind of makes it shut all the other thoughts the moment we get inside it. That's the magic this car creates. Haven't ever seen this sort of emotional connect with anything else before!!

3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Its been some time since I updated the thread. A couple of weeks back I started feeling a lot of pain on my left knee which lead to some swelling in a couple of days. I wasnt able to walk normally and so I consulted an ortho doc. There I got to know that it is due to my 40 km of drive on a daily basis that I have been doing for the last 2 years. Lately, the traffic had also increased and I had to come to office at peak hours. The doc said that it is due to the clutch operation which increases exponentially during peak traffic hours. He also told me some exercises. Meanwhile I have started commuting on my Vespa 2 days a week and 3 days on Punto. Now its all fine. No wonder people are nowadays going for automatics! But I want to keep myself fit so that I am able to drive manual cars till their last breed is available in the market :p

Yesterday after some contemplation I filled my Scintillator's tank with Shell V Power diesel which is being sold at a premium of Rs 7 over the normal shell diesel. I have driven hardly 20-30 kms but I can already feel the smoothness across the revvs and it feels quicker :p . In general the manufacturers ask us to not use additives on diesel and its a fact that the V Power version does come with some injector cleaning additives. I am not sure if I would continue with it but right now I am enjoying it :D Any suggestions over this are welcome!

kishorekrs, Deepak and KPR like this.
  4. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    40 KMs up and down in a traffic is really painful. Maybe you should try car pooling if it is possible.

Turbothinghy likes this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I agree. But I never ventured to this idea. Earlier there were 2 more people who used to travel with as they stayed near my home. But now they have moved to the office side. I have started driving with the light foot after a long time, which is helping me in doing less gear shifts in city drives.

6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Turbothinghy - Is the Baner hinjewadi traffic turning so bad? Or your office is at some other location.
    Good to know that your foot is fine now. :)

7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @pabhishek .I travel to magarpatta city for office from Aundh.

8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So last week I got the following things done at FASS:

1) The transmission oil, steering oil, clutch/brake oil and coolant was changed.
    2) There was a noise on the driver side window while rolling it down and up, around the mid position. Got that rectified as well free of cost. They changed a small nut after opening the door pads and that noise is gone. But now I can hear some mild rattling noise when the car is moving :mad: . Thinking of getting it sorted in the 4th service which would be done at 4.5k kms/3.5 months.
    3) One fine day I had realized that the interior plastic trim at the LHS C-Pillar was getting loose and was falling out. I got that replaced as well.

The total damage to the pocket was Rs 4.9k.

Today I felt that the car battery is dying. Well it had been exactly 4 days since I didnt drive the car even once. So today in the morning when I was starting for office, I noticed that the remote key fob wasnt opening the doors. So I opened the doors manually, thinking that the key fob battery has died. Then I out the keys on MAR but the MID was blank, I tried to crank the car but without any luck. I have a local car workshop that is just adjacent to our Society. So I started my Vespa and went there without wasting any time. I asked them to jump start the car. The guy came with me and attached the jumper cables and the car started without any drama. Didnt know it costs Rs 300 :D. One pecuiliar thing I noticed that the MID was now showing the Passenger airbag signal which pops up when one disables it through the menu section. I opened the menu options and saw that that it was disabled indeed, so I enabled it and the MID was all clean now :D.

After that I drove to office. I guess now the battery should be sufficiently charged and I should be able to drive back to home in the evening without any twists. If it goes like this then I would feel that the Alternator is fine. Now I am thinking of getting the battery checked tomorrow and will get it replaced if required. What other parts should I check? Dynamo? Also is it a good idea to get a 50 AH battery instead of the stock 45 AH battery? Which brand? I can see that batterybhai gives some discount in the lieu of the old battery.

On a different note, we are planning a 5 day long trip on the 2nd week of July to Bangalore and Coorg/Wayanad. @Deepak we can meet then:p

Deepak, kishorekrs and KPR like this.
  9. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ah you had that driver side power window problem too !!
    I have the same issue with creeech sound exactly while moving UP and not during down. Yet to be rectified.

How is your dashboard MID side plastic rattle? I have them re surfaced this summer. My observations are:
    I hear them with varying atmospheric temperature (If the day is hotter rattle noise at around 1800 RPM. No such rattles during night as the temperatures are atleast 12-13*C lower and even on rainy or colder days at any RPM incl 1800 as again the temperature is lower (Some weird observation by my hypochondriac punto mind). I'm yet to get it rectified as it is not as bothersome and should not become a new issue that might re-surface out of this rectification job.

10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    That dashboard rattle is still present albiet not that frequent. Everytime when I will drive in some not-so good roads it resurfaces :D. It has nothing to do with RPM or climate at least for me. Right now I am mad on the driver window rattle that started after I got it rectified :mad: Need to show some patience towards it I guess :)