1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I had to resist myself on the expressway so was cruising at 110-120 km/hr with mild bursts to around 140. Normally I used get somewhere around 17 km/litre with my style of driving but I guess the remap has also helped in attaining a better FE.

Yes the Polish should be super useful in rainy days.

aramico likes this.
  2. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    That's the same FE I get for my kinda driving, it's real hard to resist on highways with Punto, it's always tempting and most of us end up giving into it

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

KPR and Turbothinghy like this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Forgot to mention that the FE figures were with 100 % ac usage

4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So this weekend we had an impromptu plan to visit south goa. So I got my engine oil and filters replaced at FASS (Rudra Fiat) as it was exactly 7.5k kms since I had replaced them. We were 8 people in 2 cars : Skoda Laura 1.9D and my Punto 110 hp.

Some stats:
    Total kms: 1050 kms
    FE : 14.2 KMPL with 100 % AC

Average speed : 70 km/hr including some 20 odd kms in Goa

You might wonder as to why the FE is so low which takes me to the best part of the trip.

As it was a Laura matching her on NH4 was not easy, given that the Laura driver was ripping her. So I started driving at 1 gear low and there I found what had never tasted till now. I drove Continously between 3500-4500 RPMS on 3rd abs 4th gear, even redlined on 4th gear at around 5200 RPMS. I was truly amazed with the performance. The now 110 hp was showing it's true form. In doing so I gave some D-segment sedans a run for their money. The new Figo 1.5 was doing good high speeds and he looked shocked when I overtook him.

I just loved the petrol like free revving character and a blissful throaty note at >4000 rpms.

On the Belgaum - Palolem stretch which is full of curvy roads Punto felt superior than the Laura and Laura friend was totally impressed with Punto.

When we returned on Sunday night I was too tired to clean my dirty Punto and went to office on Monday. Today took a leave and pampered my Scintillator :p

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

Breeze, Deepak, Barani and 11 others like this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Driving a FIAT on the 2 lane beautiful roads and that too for Goa, you would have had hell lot of fun. :)

Your scintillator is looking fab!

Abhishek Ilke and Turbothinghy like this.
  6. Inderpreet Bajwa

Inderpreet Bajwa Amatore

Amritsar, Punjab
    Linea 1.3
    I've never been too fond of color red in cars bt this Punto is luking awesome in red, making me believe the power of eye catchy red. This color is not really that common red rather it's something different, the one edited by FIAT and only avail in FIAT I would say and further made it look gud by u by giving proper time for it's cleaning sessions.

Love the chrome on red. It's more prominent as compared to other shades.

Keep her Pampered!
    @Turbothinghy

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    kishorekrs and Turbothinghy like this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    It sure was a lot of fun. My Skoda friend was all in praises for Punto's chuck ability in the corners.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 20, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 20, 2017 ---
    @Inderpreet Bajwa : Well it's the red that you get in a Ferrari so yes is special :D

pabhishek and Inderpreet Bajwa like this.
  8. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Turbothinghy So what was the top speed achieved during this process of redlining and high speed cruising. Just curious to know capabilities of 110hp!! ;)

9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well I redlined on 4th gear at around 150 km/hr once and but I didnt venture out to really high speeds. I was enjoying the mid range and the way the car was accelerating between 3500 RPMs and 4500 RPMs. The peak power is delivered at around 4000 RPMs so I was able to enjoy it.

10. Karan

Karan Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats on completing two years of Punto ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sachin patel and Turbothinghy like this.