1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. gpunto75

gpunto75 Regolare

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is this something to do with the remap. Try out googling the post remap effects on engines. I will also search and post the link if it is suitable to your condition. Also contact viezu.
    Does this happen only in the morning.

2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur : Yes a long drive is long due. I don't know whether it's a problem or not. I opened the bonnet but couldn't find anything unusual. Maybe I am nitpicking here. Will monitor in the coming days.

@gpunto75 : Haven't checked with the tuner as of yet. Will monitor for a couple of more days. I have heard that sounds twice, once at night and once in the morning on the last 3 days.

3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

:
    Grande Punto 1.3
    May be due to Air filter assembly.

4. Raj_Hari

Raj_Hari Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy, any update on the noise. Did you managed to fix the problem?

5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I guess my ears were ringing :D i coudnt hear that thing again.

Sachin patel likes this.
  6. Raj_Hari

Raj_Hari Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Good to know

7. TANUJ KANDARI

TANUJ KANDARI Timido

PUNE
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy What's Red Scintillator's ODO reading as of now? I am also planning to get my 90 HP remapped. Would you be kind enough to let me drive and feel your car?:angelic:

8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Sure bro. Current ODO is @ 31k kms. Where do you put up? We can meet up and swap our cars :)

9. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy I am contemplating to go for a remap after I read you review post your viezu update. How would you compare the midrange and low end with regards to the 1.5 TDI 110 bhp VW engines in Vento and polo GT ? I'm nearing 12k km now, will go for the 2nd service in another 1000 km or so. Is it the right time for me to get the remap ? How does this bode for the long term reliability of the MJD engine ? Any chances of premature wear since it's basically a mode of wringing out every last drop of performance ? Kindly provide insight..

10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 : Well the low end has become quite good with availability of usable torque 1200 RPMS onwards and the mid range has become brutal and there is more torque even in the top end. So all in all there is more power almost throughout the revvs.

Now coming to the power figures, when I got the car dynod recently it showed 96.xx bhp on wheels that translates to 105-108 bhp at crank thereby equaling the gt tdi power. Even the torque figures are now in the same ball park of the gt @ 249 NM.
    But the Punto has shorter gear ratios because of which it won't be able to match the gt in terms of 0-100 sprints but should be able to match the in -gear acceleration figures, specially the 30-80 and 40-100 roll ons, though haven't tested it. Also the VW diesels have an upper hand as far as displacement is concerned.

Regarding reliability I feel there is scope that every manufacturer leaves for modification. I guess if the manufacturer has tuned at 80% limit then the remap would be at 90% limit which means that if we take proper care of the engine and turbo everything should be fine. The clutch plate might also wear out early. Now I am maintaining 10k service interval and would shift to fully synthetic oil at next service @38k kms.