1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

:
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So, what might have happened(from remap point of view) to bring down the NVH levels ?

2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I guess, now that the torque spread has become bigger, and the power has also increased a fair bit ,we dont need to push the engine, so the engine also feels better and doesnt get strained because of the increased and more uniform power and torque delivery.

prabhjot and Ganges like this.
  3. Raj_Hari

Raj_Hari Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy, on the lighter note you may now want to open a new thread "Punto 1.3 MJD 110 HP"

Trilok Chandar likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for the suggestion @Raj_Hari . Well I I have named her 'Scintillator' so cant leave it out of the title :D. And just because the ownership report is placed under 'Punto 1.3 90 HP' category and I have mentioned that its remapped in the title, this should at least give an idea of the updated power/torque numbers :p

5. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have missed all the action in the meantime. Congrats on the remapping @Turbothinghy ;)

Wow!! A meaty 110 horses running inside the hood on a brilliant chassis like Punto is only a story to tell. You have made a fab choice of going ahead with it. A humongous 249 NM of torque is quite serious figure for a car of this size. All in all a great specs you have achieved. I guess your scintillator behaves much like a steroid hit Punto now. :p

Wish you a many more sweet mile crunching ahead on the new avatar. And yes keep us updated on the performance on newly achieved figures as I believe it would be even more fun & thrilling over the ghats. If you have already done any ghats stretch shed some light on it about its performance else do so asap & share it please. Will be awaiting for a new ride thread!!
    Cheers...

6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @kishorekrs. Yes you rightly mentioned that now the punto drives as if she is on steroids :D. Life has become pretty easy now with all that additional power. Unfortunately I havent done much of highway trips post remap, barring a couple of Pune-Mumbai trips. On the open highways (Mumbai Pune Expressway) now it feels as if it can do seriuosly high speeds all day without any stress on the engine and because of the more brutal mid range I found myself carrying more speed around the bends (Lonavala).

I had gone Mumbai this weekend for dyno of my Scintillator at K S Motorsports. I will share the report as soon as I get the mail from the tuner.

PradeepM, prabhjot and kishorekrs like this.
  7. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Post watching this thread saw Viezu's FB page. Saw your car in their page. I guess that orange Eco sports was your friend's. :)

Turbothinghy likes this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bingo :p

kishorekrs likes this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys for the last couple of days when the car is idling I can hear a birds' feather fluttering kind of noise from the engine compartment. Anyone has any inputs?

10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I think its the wings of the Pegasus fluttering to be set free. Time to take the car for a long drive mate.

prabhjot likes this.