Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.
That's a great deal at 16500 compared to competition.
Some more insights on the post-remap behaviour of my Scintillator:
1) The 2nd gear feels a lot more powerful specially after upshifting from 1st (@ 1800-2000 RPMs), something that was lacking in the stock.
2) The 1st gear also feels more eager, but thanks to its short gearing, there isnt any point in revving it high .
3) Earlier I used to rev 2nd gear to 2500-2700 RPMs before upshifting but now I upshift at around 2k RPMs (90% of the times) and then also the 3rd gear shows great power.
4) The 3rd gear has become a lot more tractable and is able to pull from as low as 1200-1300 RPMs without lugging the engine,
4) Post 2500 RPMs it has become quite linear in acceleration which makes it easier and surer during overtakes.
5) The 4th gear has shown tremendous improvement in its power delivery and tractibility. Right from 2K RPMs till 4K+ RPMs it just pulls, pulls and pulls.
6) I havent done a long highway trip post-remap so havent tested the 5th gear fully. But this gear also pulls in linear fashion in the higher revvs.
All in all the flat spots have reduced considerably because of which the driving has become even better, or bestest
So it was time to give a wash and wax session to my beloved Scintillator. I would leave the pictures to do the talking :
Ah! seeing your scintillator after long time. Nice efforts you've put in making it glitter.
Thanks @KPR. I just keep her in good shape by washing followed by waxing. It's like having a bath and then applying a moisturizer to keep her smooth
@Turbothinghy , congrats for the remap i did meet Karthik from Viezu in chennai during the Times Auto Expo. He had given an excellent insight and confident to go ahead with remap. One thing i forgot to ask him is about the idle RPM, when the car is in stand still. Does it goes beyond 900
It's still at 900 rpms. Go for it as it does wonders to drivability, tractability, NVH and in -gear acceleration
Since remap, seems like you are a happy person and enjoying the NVH levels. Mr.Green:- Thanks to Viezu ?
Haha. Yes @Ganges . The changes in the NVH is like a night and day difference. Now even post 3k RPMs the engine noise has become very less and in the lower RPMs you wont hear the engine roaring at all. The clatter has diminished.
Wow! The pics after Wax session. The red looks bold and sporty!
Separate names with a comma.