1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Turbothinghy

Congrats mate on the remap. Good to know that the 90 horses have been re empowered with additional 20 HP bump. How did zero in on the Viezu amongst the no of remap options available? Is the remap detectable by the workshop from the warranty perspective? Will the probable black smoke be an issue during PUC tests?

Turbothinghy likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @moksh : Sure man. Let me first get it dynod.

@ghodlur : Thanks sirji. There were various reasons that made me choose Viezu, you can read my initial posts on remap for this :p. But, in short it was mainly because of the close proximity as there arent any Pune based tuners available, my simple requirements and of course the price. I havent got my Scintillator PUCed but I dont expect any problems as the remap has been done under the pollution limits and its not a very aggressive remap.

ghodlur likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    My mistake, apologies.

Would like to see the car in action, will plan to meet whenever I am in Pune.

4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Done. Let me know when you are in Pune. My Scintillator would be all yours :D

5. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : what is the top speed you attained after remap?

6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Haven't checked it bro till now but even at 150-160 it feels as if it has a lot left.

7. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    With remaps and chipping the top speed isn't increased but you are quick to achieve that . My car is using race chip till 170kmph my car catches this speed really quick but after that it takes time and need to pull further.

Turbothinghy likes this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I agree to what you say but my friend who got his Ecosport remapped with me could do 190 post remap :D

9. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @Turbothinghy, do you mind sharing the cost and whether they have given the option to switch to the original map?

I will soon decide on going for a remap. Do update on your experience periodically.

10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I got it done for 16.5k (ie got 1.5k discount) as we were two friends who were getting cars remapped together. The original cost for 1.3 MJD is 18k. One can switch back to stock anytime. The only catch is that it's free for the first year and chargeable(Rs 500) after that.

The car is doing well. Right now I have come home to Delhi so not driving. The biggest change is seen in drivability and NVH.

KPR, linea4me and nikhil0405 like this.