1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Waiting from you to share your remap experience...

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone,

I got my 90 HP remapped last Wednesday, but didn't get time to share the experience. Moreover, I wanted to drive for sometime before I write about it. Following is the trailer, a comprehensive report would follow in a couple of weeks:

1) The NVH levels have improved drastically.
    2) The low end torque has become city friendly, one can potter around in 3rd gear. One doesn't have to push the car to get going effortlessly.
    3) The FE has shown some improvement.
    4) The mid-range has become brutal, specially after 2500 RPMs when one puts pedal to mettle.
    5) The brakes feel a little lacking when driven in full flow.
    6) There is some black smoke when revving it hard, it's not thick so I feel it shouldn't be a problem.

I am very happy with the map provided by Suhas and it feels a different car all together.

Stay tuned for the final report.

@PradeepM/MODS : Please change the title to: 'My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu'.

3. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    congratulations and drive safe

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Final Report of my remapped 90 HP:

After driving almost 700 kms post remap following are my observations:

Idle-1200 RPMs:
    Stock: Dead
    Post remap: Dead

1200 RPMs - 1500 RPMs:
    Stock: Almost dead
    Post remap: Linear power delivery

1500 RPMs - 2000 RPMs:
    Stock: Turbo starts spooling and there is some urgency
    Post remap: More urgency with linear power delivery

2000 RPMs - 2500 RPMs:
    Stock: Moderate turbo kick and finally the 90 HP wakes up
    Post remap: More linear but also more powerful torque delivery

2500 RPMs - 3500 RPMs:
    Stock: The 90 HP comes to its elements and shows punchy progress
    Post remap: The punch gets punchier and brutal, specially when driven hard :D

Post 3500 RPMs there isnt much difference in the behaviour, but the engine feels a lot smoother and more free revving after the remap and one can easily reach 4500 RPMs/Redline without much effort. I had specifically told Suhas to not make any changes in the top end.

In short the remap has transformed me from a heavy foot driver to a light foot driver, which has increased the FE in tune of 1.5-2 km/ltr as well :p

Also now I have adjusted my braking and I no more feel that the brakes are inadequate for the increased power, yay!!

5. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Good to see that your viezu remap has given you low rpm performance leading to easy driveability in B2B traffic, improved fuel efficiency and no compromise on high (2500+) rpm at highways. I read owing to Euro IV norms the 90hp has been tuned this way by fiat. So I think some extra smoke may emanate due to this tune. Overall a good review and a point to ponder for us to get remapped.
    Can you further monitor fuel efficiency with daily normal rides and post some details here?

Turbothinghy likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR : Yes that might be true but if I recollect correctly even the stock 90 HP smokes a little when pushed hard.

Regarding the FE I have constantly noted it's increased. Would try to share the everyday FE that I get during office commutes.

The most notable difference is in the NVH. Now when I drive above 3k kms I can't listen to the engine roar and it feels so smooth and refined. Also, the diesel clatter at idle has also decreased significantly and it sounds like a 3 pot Petrol motor.

7. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothingy: well, congrats on gaining few extra horses. What is the PS/Torque figure post remap. Any specific engine oil is recommended now? Service interval now is 10k?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Deepak.
    Updated figures: 110 BHP, 249 NM after remap. Nothing specific for engine oil, would continue with Selenia only and yes would decrease the Service interval to 10k kms

KPR likes this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Now I have got fully used to the remap and now it feels as if I can't revert to stock. It has become much easier to drive in the city, thanks to the linear power delivery in the lower RPMs and great acceleration in the higher RPMs. The biggest update is that now Suhas is getting our remapped cars (including my friend's Ecosport) dynod in Mumbai pretty soon. I will update the new maps after my 110 HP gets dynod.
    Stay tuned :D

linea4me, KPR, Ganges and 2 others like this.
  10. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Could You Update the price as well and time taken.