1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Finally you are remapping the beast \m/
    Please let us know the reasons for choosing Viezu over WM, code 6. Will be helpful.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak: No major reasons actually. It's just the Viezu guys are here in Pune and have started their operations in Mumbai as well. So I will be in close proximity.

Also, a friend of mine got his Linea viezud last year and he is very happy with the performance specially in the city. He got the map that gives equal weightage to performance and FE. I would mostly go with the performance map that might reduce FE. One of the Viezu guy has veizud his own Linea with performance map, so I would be driving his car next week and would see how it feels.

Also, I am not a fan of having multiple maps as I know I would never be driving in the FE driven maps anyway :D
    prabhjot, Deepak and PradeepM like this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I am leaving for Hampi,Karnataka this weekend. Its been a little more than 9k kms since the engine oil was changed. So I thought of getting it changed before the trip (as I want to follow 10k kms interval for oil and air filter). I called JV a couple of days back and they said that I can get an appointment only 16th onwards. So talked to Rahul Jadhav(owner of Pandit Auto) and got to know that they have opened a multi-brand workshop where they stock Fiat parts as well (through 99rpm, RS Motors Mumbai) and thought to get it done from there.

I got the fuel filter and oil filter changed and instead of Selenia, they filled Wurth semi-synthetic oil, for which I was told that its of the same quality. I trust Pandit guys and went on with it. There I got to know that the Fiat, Italy personnels had come sometime back and had met them (Rahul and Anil) and they almost agreed for Pandit Auto to start serving as an authorised Fiat workshop/service center (not sales) in the near future. Thats a good news I thought as these guys are more knowledgeable and it would also take the load from Jay Vijay.

I just hope that in my 30k kms service (which would happen in the next 6k kms), I am not forced to change the oil and filter as I wish to change them at 33-34k kms only.
    prabhjot, Deepak, gpunto75 and 2 others like this.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Check the condition of engine oil after running 9k kms. if it has become very thin, you need change of oil. else its ok to push 1-2k kms.
    try mobil 1 delvac next time. heard great reviews.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Mobil 1 Delvac is fully synthetic.right? I plan to change to fully synthetic, mostly in the next interval when my car would be remapped :D. Also, I guess a fully synthetic oil can easily cover 15k kms with ease.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Pune-Hampi-Pune

This extended weekend we did a trip to Hampi,Karnataka. Goa was on the cards earlier, but as we had experienced the fish market like scene last time (when we visited Goa on an extended weekend), it was dropped right away.

Route taken: Pune-Satara-Kohlapur-Belgaum-Hubbali-Gadag-Koppal-Gangavathi (Hampi)

There were 2 routes available to go to Hampi, the one that was through Solapur was 50 kms left and an hour faster, as per Google Map. Still we went ahead with Kohlapur (NH4) route as we was apprehensive of food/restrooms options availability in the Solapur-Hampi stretch.

Total Kms
    : 1216 kms (both ways)

FE: 16.xx km/ltr (with 90% AC and heavy foot)

Pune-Hampi:

We started at 6:30 AM on Saturday and reached our cottage in Hampi by 6 PM. In total, 3 breaks were taken. Till Satara, there was some traffic and we were stranded for almost half an hour, thanks to the rains that had made the road (under construction) worse. After Satara, it was a bliss to drive, all the way till Hubbali. It was raining intermittently till Belgaum, after which the rains subsided.

Hampi-Pune:

We started liesurely at 2:15 PM on Monday and reached home by 12:30 PM. This was way faster than we anticipated. The reasons were that, it wasnt raining while we were returning and the traffic also seemed to be lesser even in the Maharashtra section of NH4. Also, this time we took only 2 breaks and had dinner at Satara.

About Punto:

Well this has been by 5th big road trip since I got my 90 HP. The other 4 trips have been to Goa, Gokarna, Hyderabad and Indore. Driving was much more comfortable this time, as it seems, finally I have got a good seating position. I also bought a lumbar support pad, that bridges the gap between our lower back and the seat. I use it only on the highway drives and it has proved to be very beneficial. Now the Punto has travelled for 25.5k kms and I just love the way the engine opens up on the highway. Even with a slight tap it zooms past ahead. Also, the engine becomes butter smooth and revving to >3000 RPMS makes it accelerate like a sportcar. I was also amazed with the way the 5th gear was pulling even at sub 2k RPMs with authority. I love my Punto and everytime I take her on the highways, the drive coupled with great suspensions and brakes, becomes even more confidence inspiring and fun.

Also, the last time when I had gone to Indore, there was some left pulling felt, but after getting it rectified (WA+WB) at JV, it wasnt felt in this trip (Fingers crossed).
    Harsha89, KPR, prabhjot and 3 others like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The last road trip included driving in rains so it was time to get my Punto a thorough cleaning:

MODS:Not able to upload pics.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Kindly check now.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.