1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Are you planning to change only the speakers or HU as well. Also what about sub?, sorry lot of questions

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Wont be changing the HU. Following is the planned first stage:
    1) Speakers: Morel Maximo 6.5' components in front and Morel Maximo 5.25' Coaxials for rear
    2) 4 channel amplifier: Manufacturer not decided
    3) Sub-Woofer (Depending on the budget :D)
    aramico likes this.
  3. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy What is your opinion on changing my rear speakers alone? What can I go for Compos or Coaxials? Im satisfied with my front compos output. (No idea on the stock brand)
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro I am not an expert in car ICE but here are my 2 cents. I guess the Evo comes with JBL speakers in front and rear. In general its not recommended to mix speakers of different brands in a sound system/surround sound system as every manufacturer/make has its own sound signature. Also, its better to have components in the front and co-axials at rear for a better sound stage. IMO the rear speakers will just add fill.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome back everyone on TFI and kudos to the mods for bringing it back.

These 2 months of TFI's exile were quite eventful( good and bad) for my 90 HP.

1) I did a Pune-Indore-Pune trip last month that was around 1200 kms (both ways) and the Punto performed brilliantly yet again.

2) While returning from Indore, when I just entered Pune, I rear ended a Nano. Got it fixed at JV for 1500 bucks. The rear bumper was quite damaged from inside, so this was all for the labour charges. From outside it looked fine after JV fixed it there is a small dent visible, but from very keen eyes. JV did it decently.

3) One evening while returning from office a Pig came under the front left hand side and damaged the intercooler, radiator and condenser. In addition to this, the front bumper was also changed under Insurance and the total damage was Rs 27k out of which I had to shell out around 3k, thanks to zero dep.

Some pictures showing the damage:

IMG_20160617_222847228.jpg

IMG_20160617_222950626.jpg

IMG_20160617_222914794.jpg

JV did a fine job.

Recently reached the following milestone:

IMG_20160720_210334607.jpg

Recently went to Tahmini ghat to witness monsoons:

b7bb4f87dde1e9d6cd451571ec0b2ce0resNet9_n1.jpg

Next month I am getting my 90 HP remapped by Viezu :smuggrin:
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Murphy_Fiat, PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Turbothingy,

Sorry to hear about the mishap. Good to see that the car is restored to normal now.
    Surprisingly the damage is bigger than expected for the solid bumper the car has.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes you are correct and I was just driving at around 25-30 km/hr when this happened. Even I didn't expect such damage and the pig didn't die also. After the hit the car entered the limp mode as the intercooler was damaged, to save the turbo because of which the car wasn't accelerating after 1500 RPMs. Thankfully my home was only a km away. Next morning got it towed to the FASS.
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I know man. Pigs are known to damage cars like this as their build quality is quite strong :p . I am sure if it would have been a dog, the damage would have been much lesser and the dog would have died.

But I am happy that my Punto is back in form :D
    prabhjot and carl_jhonson like this.
  10. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy .. That's a very sad incident. But good to know that the Evo is back in shape. I feel due to huge chrome fog lamp enclosures the structural strength of bumper has reduced a bit compared to earlier puntos.
    Turbothinghy and PradeepM like this.