1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @ghodlur . Well I have thought about it but i am too lazy to get them. Will place the order and paste then soon :D
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys I have a question that I had in my mind for a while. At times when I drive with a heavier foot and reach the destination and open the door, I can smell some diesel. Is this normal? And this happens only sometime and not always. Actually I cant say if the smell is of diesel but some smell does come.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Last weekend did a Pune-Gokarna-Palolem-Belgaum-Pune trip. It feels that the engine has become a lot smoother and free revving. On highways I normally operate at 2500-3500 RPMs and thats where I get to enjoy the punchy mid-range of the the 90 HP. It was awesome drive as usual and following are the details:

1) Total Kms: 1213 kms
    2) FE: 16.5 km/ltr (100% AC)

Roads were brilliant for most part, and good for the rest. Mainly was driving on NH4 which is pure bliss that only gets better after Kohlapur. The Panjim-Belgaum stretch was brilliant as well and it gave me a chance to test Punto's strengths around the bends once again. One new Honda City (ivtec) tried its level best to overtake me, but after 10-15 mins it wasnt seen even in my rear view mirror, such is the kind of dynamics the Italian posesses.
    rohitsharma and pabhishek like this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Today my Scintillator has completed one year with me and it has been an awesome experience that has changed my perception of what a true car should be like.

The current ODO is @ ~18k kms which is far more than what I had anticipated a year back. It has been a mix of city and highway drives. Following is the breakup:

Highway: 7143 kms
    City:10800 kms

Highway drives:

1) 14 Pune-Mumbai- Pune drives (240*10=2400 kms)
    2) Around Pune:
    Lonavala (5*130=650 kms)
    Lavasa(1*130= 130 kms)
    Tahmini Ghat (3*120=360 kms))
    3) Pune-Hyderabad-Pune: 1200 kms
    4) Pune-Goa-Pune: 950 kms
    5) Pune-Gokarna-Goa-Pune: 1213 kms
    6) Pune-Malshej Ghat-Pune: 240 kms

I hope to cover many more miles with my beauty :)

Planned mods:

1) Speaker upgrade (from a long time :rolleyes:)
    2) Wrapping of excessive chromes
    3) Remap: Have also thought of getting a tuning box and use it only in the city, and remove it when I head to the highway as I am more than happy with my 90 HP's performance on the highway. In this case would get the remap done after 2 more years(after the warranty ends :D).

Earlier I always thought of getting the old GC on my 90 HP, but I will have realized that the 185 mm GC is brilliantly tuned that doesnt hinder much the handling or the ride quality and is very practical for Indian conditions as well.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Ps_, nikhil0405, aramico and 3 others like this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : wow! you keep track of every trip? I just drive and forget :p Any App you are using to remember this?
    on Planned mods:
    1) I feel Evo's rear speakers need an upgrade. Front one does the job well.
    2) Initially i had plan to mask these chromes. But looks like im liking the chromes as day passes :D
    3) I suggest to stick to stock map. 90hp offers more than enough. I have met few people who had turbo failures after remap. It's difficult to predict it happened due to remap but it changed my mind about remap :D
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I use normal notes app where I keep updating it with the bigger trips.

1) Yup, the stock speaker isn't bad, but being a music fanatic I want better reproduction. Also the HU if more than decent. I have thought of fitting the morel maximos at front and rear.
    2) Yup. I also liked the Chromes initially but now I want to make it look sporty.
    3) Well, this is the last in my planned mods list. Let's see. Have heard good reviews of Viezu specially on the MJDs. On fact the Viezu person in Pune drives a remakes Linea mjd. It was beautiful to drive, didn't feel like I am driving a MJD.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Deepak likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    At what volumes do you listen the music to distinguish the notes separately. I rarely go beyond volume 10 in my Punto coz anything more than that disturbs my concentration while driving. For satisfying my music fanatic instincts, I have a 5.1 home theatre set up at home. My personal views only.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Its not about the volume per se, but the quality of all the 3 frequencies viz bass (low), vocals (mid) and treble (high). At times I normally keep the volume at 10-11, but I never get distracted with music and keep shifting the volume up and down depending on the condition. In fact I am a kind of person who just couldnt study, without having earphones in my ears :). So for me, good music is an incentive rather than a distraction.

On a different note, I have always saved money to get the best music equipment as far as home music system or earphones/headphones are concerned. Right now I dont have a 5.1 kind of a system but I have Bose Soundlink, which though is expensive, it fills the home with brilliant sound and is portable as well. And as far as headphones/earphones are concerned I currently have: Bose ie2, Beats Studio (was gifted by my uncle), AKG K430, Klipsch s4i, Sony MDR XB450 and Soundmagic P30.
  9. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP

Yes, Even I love the quality music. though the OEM set-up is not bad, but you will definitely miss the detailed sound stage to enjoy the quality source music. I have been planning / saving for the upgrade, but not enough. It will surely take year or two. Good music is tonic for me.
    You have a great collection of headphone / earphones. It's a drool worthy. Do you use amps to drive them? I currently have Sennheiser HD439, Audiotechnica ATH-WS77 / ATH - M50x, / IM05x, Soundmagic PL-50, Bose ie2. I drive the headphones using FIIO e12 AMP & use FIIO X1 player as source.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    No I don't use amplifiers with them. I normally use them with 320 kbps/AAC music from my iPod/phone/Mac. Your collection is also great :)

From all these manufacturers, I prefer bose's sound signature which is very warm and well balanced, trebles aren't harsh, bass isn't boomy and the vocals aren't muffled.

So I have narrowed down to morel maximos, after @asimpleson 's suggestion and I also got an opportunity to sample them and they sounded brilliant, the way I like.
    aramico likes this.