1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats for getting home Red Hot scintillator 90hp beast, pics are so tempting, happy miles on your 90hp.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Nadeem :headphone: More pics would follow when I will travel to Mumbai this weekend. Stay tuned :happy:
  3. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : buddy ur car stole my sleep tonight. i cant sleep after seeing this beauty!
    a fab car mate :) happy miles.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Turbothinghy, so it's taking you to places already. I have also experienced the pull these Fiat beauties exert one to take them to places. Drive safe and do share some pics of the beauty on the lovely highway.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Deepak :happy:
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 11, 2015 ---
    Yes Saket. I am already excited to drive it on the expressway. Pics would definitely follow :)
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello all. Yesterday I did a Pune-Navi Mumbai trip (to and fro) through the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. We left late so couldnt stop in between to take pics of my beauty :(. Anyways following are the stats:

Total distance: 272 kms
    Fuel consumption: 16.2 Km/Ltr (with 100% AC)
    Average Speed: 56 km/hr

The drive was great but I wasnt crossing 3000 RPMs. For most of the time on the highway I was cruising at 110-120 km/hr on 5th gear and at a touch below 3000 RPMs. Once took it to 135 km/hr but then came back to my cruising speed. The ride was great and my Scintillator handled like charm at these speeds. The hyped hydraulic steering truly deserves that kind of hype, extremely sharp and precise and great to hold too.

Now my beauty is going to touch 500 kms. I guess the FE is low as per 90 hp standards but I hope it to get better after 2k kms.
  7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is the chrome exhaust price slashed to 1K, I heard this was 2.2K earlier.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Nope pdash, its still available for 2.8-3k with installation but while buying the car I asked the salesperson to give it as a free accessory but in the end he asked me for 1k and I didnt negotiate further :)
    pdash likes this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi friends. Yesterday I got a call from Fiat salesperson and asked me if i was interested in upgrading to 0 Dep (bumper to bumper) insurance instead of the existing comprehensive insurance. He said I will have to shell out around 3-4k for this. Should I go forward with this?

The main difference he specified was in 0 dep 100% money would be given by the insurance company (70% in comprehensive insurance) and it would cover everything in the car i.e bumper to bumper (plastics arent included in the comprehensive insurance).
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    You should opt for the zero dep add on at least in the initial few years of ownership as this will be beneficial in case you have any untoward claims without burning a hole in your pocket. 3K is fair amount. If the Insurance is from Future Generali, check their add on plans first, and cost of individual covers and then decide accordingly.

I would suggest opt for NCB protection cover too along with the zero dep, may cost 500 rupees.
    Turbothinghy likes this.