1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @kedarbendre @Turbothinghy Just a quick question. You guys change just change the engine oil and filter every 7.5 K.

What about diesel filter, air filter , ac filter? What frequency do you guys maintain for changing the coolant, steering oil and brake oil?

What about tire alignment, balancing and rotation?
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ODO @1,76,000 Kms.
    Since my car hit ODO @80,000 Kms ,I'm maintaining per 7500Kms change of engine oil with Oil Filter. I'm using semisynthetic grade oil 10W40(Brand:- Shell HX7 and TOTAL QUARTZ),3.5Ltr Oil CAN(dabba) costs me for 1500INR with scratch and win offer of minimum 100Rupees money back + Oil filter (Purolator) 120Inr.As we know our FIAT uses 5W 40, this grade of oil costs 3500INR(Shell Helix, Delvac1) with drain interval of 15,000Kms.Instead of maintaining 15000Kms interval, I have started using 10W40 grade oil for 1500Inr keeping drain at 7500Kms.At the end, I'm spending the same amount for 10W 40(2x) and 5w40,so what I'm getting here is good health of my engine and fresh oil(thin blood with high hemoglobin).Still I can feel the push on my seat above 120Kmph with great pull on highways. I have not compared though with the same kms running of 75Hp punto.
    Oil + Oil Filter :- 7500Kms Change
    Air filter :- Get Air spray while doing the Oil change and get change only when damaged badly as per mechanic advise.
    Fuel Filter :- 30000Kms Change
    Other Fluids :- 60,000 Kms.
    Wheel Alignment :- Don't touch the WA unless you find any pull.i don't maintain specific Kms to do WA.if I feel any pull then only visit WA Centre that might be 500Kms or 5000Kms.WA centers don't give 100% satisfaction, better to stay away from per kms change.
    Wheel Balancing get it done only when you feel steering wheel vibes above 80Kmph.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I do follow the same intervals like @Ganges.
    Ganges likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @Ganges. That does help :) I am sure your Punto has many miles ahead, given that you operate mostly on highways and our Fiats love highways
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Ganges @kedarbendre @Turbothinghy

Why the fluids @ 60 K KMS. Doesn't Fiat recommend changing every two years? If engine oil can go bad in 7.5 K do you think other fluid will last 60 K.

Why not the fuel filter? When readily changing engine oil and oil filter every 7.5 K as these are Indian conditions. Why not the fuel filter?
    I do not think there will be many countries in the world where fuel would be more adulterated than in India.

Well my engine too behaves as good as new after having covered 30 K kms in about 20 months time. I juts blindly follow the manufacturers recommendation. Besides my usage is purely highway trips with few weekends outing with family within the city limits . Well I do make sure though to get the car thoroughly checked up before every new trip. Any thing found fishy is attended to immediately though.

As far as tire goes WB is done before every new trip, balancing and rotation( I do 5 tire rotation - got the spare changed to alloy and normal tire size the day car was bought) every 10 K. This is purely for longevity of tires. With my Swift my tires lasted for around 30 K. The last set before we sold off I followed WA,WB and rotation and it was close 45 K and there was still life left. My Punto tires look good for another 30 K.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys today I faced a peculiar problem w.r.t blue and me. I connected the Bluetooth of my phone like always but I couldn't call or receive calls using blue and me. I had to take calls from my phone.It was working well until yesterday. Any pointers from anyone?
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nibedk
    My point of engine oil change was not about oil getting bad at 7.5k kms, it was about cost effective solution for my car."Fresh Oil". The workdone by engine oil is more than other fluids.i have just found my way to keep engine at optimum level at same cost of 5W 40. I do more running on highways within a year i clocked 54k kms.Hence following this way.Fuel filter doesnt harms much to your engine. In my last 75k kms i changed only twice. Im getting a good mileage of 24.5 kmpl at sedate speed given with shoes 205/65/15.

Till my first 80k kms i maintained branded tires used Yokohoma, MY02. Now switched to Kenda.205/65/15 Kenda tires cost me 3000inr as compared to Yoko Earth1 6200inr, though yoko earth1 can go upto 70k kms as compared to Kenda may be hardly 45k kms, but here i can get two new kenda tires at cost of 6200inr.i.e. within 70k kms range of single tire i will get a chance to change with brand new tire within this range. Tried these tires on all surfaces good one.If ABS on car then no need to worry much.
    These all are my practical experience for these many kms.As your car is young you have to follow service centre so that there will not be any problems in warranty.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @nibedk : buddy there is no proven thing to justify the correct range of oil change. It all depends on the individual. I disagree engine oil to be changed at 20k. its too much of miles for the indian roads. If you stick to 15k interval - no harm. for 10k - no harm. 7.5- no harm as well :) There are many owners who stick to 10k interval. unless you use a synthetic ,better stick to 10k interval.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone. It's been long time since I updated my ownership report. I was in Delhi for the past 10 days and trust me I missed by Scintillator so much to drive her on smooth Delhi roads. It was sad to see that I couldn't spot many Fiat cars in Delhi, given that it has one of the highest number of cars plying on an everyday basis.

I would be completing 1 year with my Scintillator in a month and its been an awesome year and Punto has been brilliant, touch wood :) Attaching some pics of my beauty:

IMG_20160302_165919384.jpg

IMG_20160302_165943255_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160302_174443765.jpg

IMG_20160302_174612696.jpg

IMG_20160302_174603236_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160302_174504924.jpg
    KPR, pabhishek, PradeepM and 2 others like this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Turbothinghy

Congrats in advance for completing one year with the scorcher.

But why no TFI Stickers on your car??:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    PradeepM likes this.