1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I will be getting a final quote from the sales guy tomorrow. I asked him to give me the same price that was offered to you @Turbothinghy . Lets see what he offers.
    Did anybody have back pain issueson the evo? Me and my father are both 5 11 so will it be uncomfortable to sit in Punto Evo?
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well, some people (including me) have faced this issue initially as Punto's ergonomics are a little screwed up. The steering feels too much on the face. Having said that, once you are able to get a sweet position by changing different seat adjustments, then you are good to go. Presently, I dont face the issue so its definitely not a deal breaker. Also, not everyone Punto owner has faced this issue.

OT: I like the low seating in Punto, which gives a feeling of driving a sports car. Now, I dont like driving Swift anymore because of its high seating.
  3. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    We prefer a little higher seating position and hopefully will be able to adjust the seat.
    But I have got pretty long hands and legs so pushing the seat behind should put me in a good position as I tested it in the TD too.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ha Ha!! The lowest position is the best position. Others who take the driver seat say how can you see the front with this position? I just ask them what is the need to see the end of bonnet?
    You get the satisfaction that you are a driving a high end car when you are driving a punto. And it leaves a mark on those who TD/ drive your car...
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone. Its been almost 1.5 months since I updated my ownership report. I had a minor accident while returning from Hyderabad in December due to which the underbody had got damaged and parts such as Sub-frame, engine guard etc were completely changed under the insurance. The total damage to the pocket was 2600 bucks even though the original bill w/o the insurance claim was 30k. Will cover the whole ordeal in the coming days.

Yesterday got my 15k (2nd free service) done at Jay Vijay and I am quite satisfied with their work.I took the booking for tuesday morning and got it in the evening @ 6:30 PM. Following tasks were performed:

1) 3.2 ltr engine oil change
    2) Fuel filter/Oil filter change
    3) Air filter change
    4) Touch up of paint on small scratches (It was well executed and now the scratches are not visible anymore)
    5) Exterior shampoo wash
    6) Interior cleaning including dashboard polishing (It was a very neat job. Will attach the pics in sometime)

The JV staff has become a lot more patient and cordial nowadays. They also gave an air freshner that needs to be attached to the IVRM. Chaitanya (JV service) was very courteous and he also forwarded me some JV Fiat email IDs and asked me to rate him by copying them.

Prioir to the servicing, for the last 300-400 kms, the car had got a little sluggish in the lower RPMs. I got my service done at exactly 14920 kms. After the service, the car is back to its glory.

So after driving my Scintillator for 15k kms in almost 9 months following points come to my mind:

Positives:

1) Brilliant ride quality. The Solapur-Hyd stretch is nothing to write about, but the way my 90 HP handled them was simply exemplary and stress free. The suspension is beautifully calibrated.
    2) Sure-footed handling.
    3) Still looks amazing
    4) Punchy mid-range complemented with a free-revving engine. Driving above 3000 RPMS in 3rd or 4th gear is addictive.
    5) Brilliant brakes that inspire a lot of confidence.
    6) Very talkative and precise steering.
    7) The low RPM performance has improved considerably after the ECU update by Fiat which has aided to city driving.
    8) All black interioirs look very sporty.
    9) Last but not the least, the tank like build.

Negatives:

1) Ergonomics: Everytime someone else drives my car (like my wife, service center guys, vallet parking guys), it takes me a while, sometimes days to again find the correct posture.
    2) Hard plastics on the dashboard and the door area. Though I love the interior design which is very well complemented with those ambient lights, the quality could have been better.

Points to be followed going forward:

1) I have decided that from now on I would leave the windows always shut, with AC on. It keeps the interiors in a very good shape with good aroma all the time. In short, the interioirs would age slowly.
    2) I have stopped giving my car for the valet parking.

Pics would follow soon.

Happy driving :D
    metal_heart and KPR like this.
  6. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy
    1. What was the bill amount for 15k service?
    2. I find rattles from my audio player or from nearby dashboard. Do you have any rattles?

BTW Today my RED marked 10000 on odo. Nice feel that I have 5k more kms for service. Definitely this is a boon. Did you do any other check up after 5k till 15k? Any intermittent checkup plans until next 30k service?
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    1. Total bill was Rs 5656. Would attach the bill later today.
    2. Thankfully, I havent faced any rattles till today :watching:

Before leaving for Hyderabad (when my ODO was 12.5k), I topped up my engine oil by 600 ml and got the air filter cleaned. After the underbody damage, WA was done by FASS (when the ODO was at 13.9k).

Going forward, I would be getting the engine oil, oil filter and air filter changed at 7500-9000 kms interval.

Congrats for the 5 figures @KPR . Enjoy your ride :D
  8. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : any particular reason for topping up the engine oil? if engine oil level is correct at 3.2L, why to add 600ml more?
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This was done, prior to my Hyderabad trip (1300 kms both ways), when the oil level was a little low (though it was between the max and min). Its just that I didnt wanna take any chances.
    Deepak likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    how did the accident happened ? hope all are safe.