1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat is Offering 1.5 lakh Discount on Selected Models of Evo and Avventura. i will recommend you to stay away from swift. if you are not finding good offer from fiat then go for Ford figo 1.5 TDCI. Wish you all the best
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai : Bro I bought my 90 HP in March-Apr 2015 and I got 72k of discounts in total. The ONR price was 8.82 lakhs and I got for 8.1 lakhs. You can definitely push a little more, or ask for a plethora of accessories for free.
  3. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
  4. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Turbothinghy @PradeepM @sidnaique I Need to make a final decision this week before offers run out. Prices will be negotiated. Only problem now is about the things that will follow in case of a breakdown. Fiat service centers are less in number than Maruti(all around india). We in the family are used to Maruti cars like most indians and own a WagonR. Just want to know from you all what happens incase the car develops an issue onroad. Are all Fiat service centers provided with onroad service? My uncle used to own a fiat palio which was sold off just a year ago. In the final years of its usage parts were really a big problem. Are the parts easily available now? Since Goa is quite close to the factory in Ranjangaon, so I expect them to serve better. Should I visit the service center prior to buying the car(its just a 20 min drive from my place)?
    Hoping for a quick reply and try to answer all my questions please.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2015 ---
    @Kaushik Talauliker Give an idea about your experience in Goa with Fiat service.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai : Bro Fiat parts can always be sourced from 99rpm.com in case FASS doesn't have it. At least Punto and Linea parts shouldn't be a problem.
    Fiat on road service is available across India and if you are taking good care of her, like keeping the liquids in check specially before leaving for a long drive, following service intervals, maintaining correct the pressure etc, then you shouldn't have problems.
    Goa is a far better proposition given that people have bought Fiats in Kashmir and North East as well.
  6. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Recent purchasers have given far better reviews. Looks like fiat has improved reliability of the car since 2014. Since Fiat became FCA things seem to be progressing in the right direction. Outside this forum nobody seems to know the reality. They just say that "the car is very good but don't buy it. Go for Maruti instea"
    This thing is creating second thoughts for even a fiat enthusiast like me. What if the car goes dead completely like some people have experienced before and I end up loosing about 9 lakhs which is quite a significant amount of money( a two digit number percentage of wealth of most indians).
    This forum has given me significant optimism.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Agreed bro. Even I come from the Maruti family which never had any reliability issues. But Fiats are also very reliable. Just take good care of her and she will reciprocate accordingly. Go for the Punto :D

And another thing, the forum members are very active and can give a very good insight in all kinds of problems and modifications
  8. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I talked to a representative on the helpline for road side assistance.He assured me that they have technicians all around India for on road assistance apart from the ones at service centers.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  9. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Kindly do test drive of both versions of punto. Even I faced the same issue when the sales guy said he cannot arrange a TD for 90HP . Then I said I can't buy any fiat then unless I TD. Somehow he got me a TD car. I drove it then understood behaviour of 90 HP and 75 HP. So firmly ask for TD of both versions. This condition apply for any brand per se. You cannot take a decision unless you TD yourself.

Avventura may be 90 HP but its behaviour is different from that of Punto 90 HP.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Rightly said. Avvy 90 HP feels peppier in the city, thanks to a slightly different tuning, but it comes at the cost of the punchy mid-range of Punto 90 HP. After all Avvy weighs almost 100 kgs more than Punto.