1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot: I was already contemplating on getting gun-metal color on chrome instead of all black, and I guess you have helped me in my decision process. I would also get the alloys painted in the same color. I am not sure if the red fog lamp lip would look good on a red Punto. It looks great in white and black Abarths IMO.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Turbothinghy I am planning to buy a Punto Evo. Would u recommend a 90HP version or 75HP? Have u tried a 75HP version and is there any significant difference? The Punto will stay for a decade and I don't want to regret any decision on engine choices. Also about the colour. My first choice is Magnesio Grey but red can be considered if there are no fading and maintenance issues.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Go for 90 HP eyes closed. The latest ECU update has made the low end response better. 75 HP is marginally better in lower RPMs with a city friendly 2nd gear. It's on the highways or when you drive flat out you would witness the superior mid range in the Punto 90 HP. It has a wider band to play with, with juice left after 3000 RPMs.

I drive 40 kms everyday in the Pune city traffic and have got accustomed to it. All black interiors ,bigger alloys, blackened head lamps and rear spoiler are also a plus. The engine feels less strained at higher speeds as well.

Last but not the least, Punto is a heavy car, and deserves more horses to experience its handling and dynamics.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Aniket,

Go for 90HP and you will not regret it. Also M Grey is an amazing color, however you may want to rush for the booking and delivery as I guess the cars in Grey are running out of Stock. The last batch of production of 90HP cars was in Oct for this year.

All the best and keep us posted.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  5. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Turbothinghy Is the 90HP useful only while driving at extremely high speeds? like 120+ Kmph.
    @PradeepM Each dealer isn't allocated specific quota for cars? I live in Goa.
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Aniket,

The extra horses always come in handy in all driving conditions.
    Check if the dealer already has stock with him, if yes good. In case they need to place the order, I gave you a high level stock availability at the factory in my earlier post, so plan and move accordingly.
    Also personally I think paying that 30-40 k extra for 90 hp is worth for all black interior and a few additional features apart from the power alone as you wanted to keep the car for 10 years.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    As I mentioned before, the difference is felt (90 HP viz v 75 HP) when you drive on the highways and flat out as well. It's mid range is super strong when compared to 75 HP. So depending on your driving style you can feel the difference in the city as well. I drive with a heavy foot and I can feel the difference in the city limits as well.
    aramico and PradeepM like this.
  8. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai I was in a dilemma as you are in. I did back to back test drives in both highways and city rides. Then finalised upon 90 HP. Ofcourse a lot of members from TFI helped me in this https://www.teamfiat.com/threads/be...ght-one-for-me-90-or-75-hp-booked-90hp.14846/ 90 HP is a bliss to drive compared to 75 HP and I personally feel 90 HP is require to pull this heavy car. Definitely you will not have grouse on later date after you purchase a 90 HP. But on mileage front 75HP scores well. My suggestion is test drive again and again on different days both 75 & 90 HP (back to back) in the same routes to know about your requirement please.
    If confused, then buy an avvy ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 14, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 14, 2015 ---
    @Turbothinghy Have you done any upgrade for headlight? I find low and high beam throws pathetic. On a rainy night it is becoming really difficult. Can I upgrade to better bulbs without affecting warranty? What is your opinion on lights?
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  10. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    There is no 90hp Punto TD vehicle in Goa. Avvy 90hp and abarth punto are the only ones available. Tried both. Lag wasn't a issue. Infact I felt abarth having a lag which doesn't last long before there is a surge of power for which the road wasn't long enough. The brakes on abarth needs some getting used to. Barely touching them brings the car to a halt at low speeds.
    Someone give me an idea over the OTR price. They've told me 8.8 minus .45 lakhs so 8.35. I think it should be even lower. Can someone tell me how and what prices I should try for. Already stretched my budget.Need as much discount as possible. Might be forced to settle for swift ZXi if I am not able to get a good price.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 14, 2015 ---
    At Auto Industries Goa IMG-20151214-WA0003-picsay.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    kedarbendre likes this.