1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Just wanted to share an update on my driving pattern. Nowadays I pull the 2nd gear till 2500-2700 RPM and after this when I shift to 3rd gear, my 90 HP pulls like a bull. The same behaviour is seen when I upshift from 3rd to 4th at around 2700-3000 RPMs. I am literally enjoying driving my Punto in the higher RPMs, touchwood :). Needless to say, it requires more gear shifts and the FE does take a beating, but the fun factor takes the precedence here.

NOTE: My driving to office timings are a bit off, so I get less traffic because of which I am able to drive at higher RPMs.

Happy driving.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys last weekend my wife and I planned a night stay at Terra Camp, Panchgani. This place is situated at 15 kms from Panchgani and has luxurious tents for stay. It is far from the madding crowd and is a perfect place to rest. Let me cover some trip stats first:

Total Kms: 240 kms(Via NH4)
    FE: 16.5 km/ltr (with 100% AC)

The drive was good, barring some diversions on the NH4. We left on Sunday morning around 9 am, and reached the place at 1. Reaching there wasnt easy and even google maps had given up and was busy re-routing :mad:. The Mahabaleshwar-Panchgani road was in good state with normal traffic. The ghat sections were taken with aplomb, yet again, thanks to fun dynamics of Punto. I was driving in higher RPMs and it was pure bliss as always.

The last leg of the trip had no roads. It was almost off-roading for 8-9 kms as it was filled with stones. This road starts at around 5 kms from Panchgani and we need to take a left turn from Bhose. People have got their cars punctured before on this stretch but thankfully my Scintillator did it without breaking a sweat.

We stayed on sunday night. 4 of their 10 tents were vacant so it was even more peaceful. The food menu was limited but the food was good, nothing to complain. It was a lazy monday morning for us and we started late after having a feelsome breakfast, at around 10:15 AM. Reached Pune by 1:15 pm. The roads were busy till Panchgani, but after that it was mostly clear and the incoming traffic was also less. While I was on NH-4, a new S-Cross (Dont know if it was 1.3 or 1.6) was trying to race with me and we were neck to neck for most parts, but then he slowed down, maybe beacuse it was getting too much for his new car (engine running in :D).

Photos will follow soon. Had taken it from a 21 MP camera, so it takes more time to upload.

OT: Today in the morning, I checked the engine oil, and it was showing in the middle of the dipstick. Should I get it topped up or munch 1000-1500 kms before I go for the 2nd servicing? Also, I was thinking of getting WA/WB done, should I go to FASS or any other tyre shop in Pune? Puneits please respond.
    Murphy_Fiat, Raaz and prabhjot like this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Continued from the last post:

First some pics of my 90 hp:

Now some pics of the camp and the tent:

My ride for Sunday evening:

Pics of that bad patch:

Now some random pics:

DSC00172.JPG

DSC00175.JPG

DSC00174.JPG

DSC00102.JPG

DSC00237.JPG

DSC00235.JPG

DSC00199.JPG

DSC00202.JPG

DSC00153.JPG

DSC00117.JPG

DSC00090.JPG

DSC00089.JPG

DSC00127.JPG

DSC00295.JPG

DSC00284.JPG

DSC00286.JPG

DSC00283.JPG

DSC00229.JPG

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00149.JPG
    Murphy_Fiat, varunrtr, Raaz and 3 others like this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Random pics (Condtd)

DSC00100.JPG

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00106.JPG

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00131.JPG
    Murphy_Fiat, Raaz, prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Seems good adventurous trip. Nice pics, especially the one with Corsa, Punto is looking smashing hot ;)
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    It was a short and nice trip with serene atmosphere :)
  7. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    buddy what about blackening the chrome surrounding in the front? how's that project going on :)
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Still in the pipeline bro :( But would get it done before my Scintillator's first birthday.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys I am planning a Pune-hyderabad trip. Has someone covered this stretch recently ? Wanted to know which route should I follow.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Can i suggest that you choose a grey-ish wrap for the chrome and not an out-and-out black one?

The Evo's and Avventura's very successful front design-drama depends IMO on the anti-phony, the 'tension' between (a) the front headlamps tucking in from the side and from above, handing over to the slim wide top-grill in black, but in the process being true to the original giugiaro 'point' of a pure wedge shape-tip being gestured at a few feet in front of the car: its focal point/'punto' and (b) the chrome surrounded foglamps set at the extremity, which pulls the design horizontally. SO you have the famous wedge-shape+the 'punto' virtual 'focal point' (like linear perspective in a painting) in visual-dramatic tension with the very extra wide-seeming (thanks precisely to the chrome emphasis on the foglamps) lower black chin.

I find the original design starkly beautiful, design-drama through an austere/strict purity of the wedge-form and proportion while the Indian Evo re-design is truly splendid too for being more 'jazzy': having some deliberate contra-Punto (a famous western-classical-music term from italy!) elements too: the very wide set foglamps and their big+thick chrome surround for that extra-wide 'emphasis'!

Chrome surrounds for foglamps are also an old, classical design-element on european cars.

This is why the Avventura's dark/gunmetal-grey-on-black for the chin of the front bumper works so well. This is also why the Abarth's red fog-lamp surrounds make the car seem so unqiue, and very emphatically/brutally/angrily 'stingingly beautiful'....for what an Abarth is, a car that is 'punto'-edly fast i.e., straight-line (-'linea'!) and yet visually seems SO wide thanks to the emphatic (i.e., contra-punto) red foglamp surround. It makes the Abarth look like it's racing straight ahead (i.e., towards the focal 'punto' in front of the car) and YET is so wide, so horizontally strong as it does so.

i.e., de-chrome it, sure but perhaps replace it with a dark-grey or some such rather than out-and-out black? The rear 'diffuser'-style use of chrome is similar but not nearly as much of a design-drama necessity: perhaps leave the rear fog-light surrounds in chrome while you wrap the central horizontal chrome strip? Or vice versa?

apology for the ramble: just a few thoughts triggered...

In ANY case: you cannot go wrong, i guess that is the utter pure-genius of the Punto basic, underlying design by the great G-man. Have you considered the red 'abarth' foglamp surround-wraps? ;-) ;-)
    Murphy_Fiat and Turbothinghy like this.