1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This is generic i.e not specified for diesel or petrol. In MJD it would be around 1500-1600 RPM I guess.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Turbothinghy

Thanks for the driving tips. IMO these are applicable for the petrol vehicles. For turbo charged vehicles not all the tips might be applicable.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : buddy any luck with blackening the front chrome surrounding? Any further research on that ? Let me know once you finish :p
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well @Deepak, apart from the blackening of chrome, there are other things in the pipeline as well:

1) Getting the chrome accents blackened in front and rear.
    2) Upgrading the stock speakers to Morel components (front) and co-axials (rear).
    3) Lowering of GC (pre-2012)
    4) Number plates

But, I am appearing for a finance certification (FRM: Financial Risk Management) on Nov 21st, and after paying its fees I am broke and am keeping busy :(

So will get this done at the start of the next year only, and till my Scintillator's first birthday hopefully would get everything (stated above) done :p
    Deepak likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats for the speaker upgrade bit..:cool:
    But please if possible use the existing suspension for longer time. Maybe when the time is for a suspension overhaul think about the GC modification.
    Deepak and Turbothinghy like this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I still haven't got it done :p But i happened to sample the Morels on a friend's Swift and they were amazing as you said :D But yes before my Scintillator's first birthday, it would be done.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Ya man, I was just happy you would buy good stuff, that's worth the extra money. Therefore the congrats, like in advance. :)
    Don't forget a good convertor for the amp, the factory headunit's nice. Tune it with an audio cd you like, not an mp3. ;)
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This weekend my Scintillator took a back seat and it was time for some vespa fun. 6 people and 3 bikes ( including mine) left early for Korigadh fort trekking near Amby Valley. It was around 200 kms both ways from pune and the trekking was also quite easy even though the last bit was quite steep and taking breaks had become inevitable.

Some early morning pics:

IMG_20150927_061852339_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150927_061625449.jpg

IMG_20150927_061720812.jpg
    pabhishek and Deepak like this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Turbothinghy

200 kms on a gearless scooter??? I hope it was not back breaking. BTW the Vespa looks good in that colour.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Ghodlur. There was some back pain but it went away as soon as I finished my sleep post the trip. I also have some jugaads that help me getting some lumber support.