1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Turbothinghy

Is that because they're not ok with the quality of the dealers (talking sales process and hr etc here, not ASS) in these two cities? It is true enough that Mumbai does not seem to have a better-than-average dealership? And with Pandit withdrawing...?

The Abarth Punto and Avventura will be available at most/all Fiat dealers, i guess, it's only the 595 dealers that have been restricted.

Which is fair: 30 lakh rupee "connoisseur" customers (rather than 'consumers') cannot really be sold-to out of the Maruti/Tata/Fiat/Mahindra/Chevy/Ford/Renault/Nissan, mass-market type of dealerships,not that Honda's are any good frommy experience, though Hyundai's and Toyota's probably are (many of them in the bigger cities that is).

btw, which do you enjoy driving more: the Vespa or the Fiat, in city or ghat? In my case it's an emphatic vote for the (yellow) Vespa! :cool::p Thinking seriously of picking up the upcoming (rumoured) 150cc FI one later this year....rather than bothering to yearn for the Abarth Punto!:D
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I also think that the Abarth Punto and Avventura would be sold through the Fiat dealerships, but yes Pune/Mumbai would miss out on 595 Competizone at least for now.

Well in city, Vespa is brilliant, it just zooms past even some 150 CC bikes, which is quite commendable and in the 125 cc scooter segment I guess only Vespa that can do a genuine 100 km/hr. Its only let down by its super soft suspension, that makes the ride bumpy at higher speeds (also thanks to that uneven Puneri roads), though in Delhi/NCR it shouldnt be a problem. The upcoming FI vespa would be killer. According to the rumours it would have additional 2-3 bhp. I hope it also gets released around Diwali :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy @aramico @PradeepM : buddy i have a question on ECU update. how your car behaving over 100kmph post the update. stock map was better or the current one over 100kmph? i have heard like the strong mid range of 90HP is negotiated for the City driving condition in the updated map. Is it true?
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak, my ride is breathing lil better than before. But have not felt any more difference than this. The car is pulling nicely as before.
    Deepak and Turbothinghy like this.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Deepak I did some speeds north of 130 kmph and the car is egar to so more. The ECU update has reduced the engine noise and no more gruffness at high speeds.
    The turbo stands linear.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    prabhjot, Deepak and Turbothinghy like this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The ECU update hasn't made the 90 hp response like that of Avvy so in city even though it breathes better the strong mid range surge at around 2300-2500 RPM is still intact :D
    Deepak and PradeepM like this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys today while coming to office i noticed a peculiar thing. When I moved the key to MARS, the engine oil and battery light lit up and stayed lit up (something that did not happen before), but when I started the engine it vanished. I also checked the engine oil, and it was fine. Any pointers from anyone??
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats normal. Nothing to worry about.
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I don't know how many TFIians got this driving tip circular from FCA. I am attaching it here for reference. It has points to get the most of your Punto.
    @ghodlur : This was the article I was referring in some forum.

image.jpg
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Driving at 50-60 at 5th gear? Is this for petrol or diesel